Taylor morrison new homes near me
LGBT Havens: safe places for lgbt young adults
2011.06.30 17:40 PirateCodingMonkey LGBT Havens: safe places for lgbt young adults
Safe places for LGBT youth
2013.06.23 19:58 trevorpinzon A place for friends
Treehome is a small server run by two brothers in a small town in Mississippi. We boast dedicated and experienced administration, an amazing community, a well-designed map filled with fun things to explore, quests, pets, and more! Please feel free to post any questions, concerns, ideas, or just silly banter here.
2022.07.29 09:44 Three_Purple_Scarabs Wandering in Darkness
The Reddit home of the works of Three Purple Scarabs (aka Xepera maSet aka Sa-ma-Bemen)
2023.03.30 20:06 _cosmik Anyone else late dx and suffer from insane imposter syndrome?
I was diagnosed at 27 by an autistic psychologist, after self identifying for about a year. I am female and very high masking. I recently had my dx corroborated by a new psychiatrist I was seeing for an adhd consult (not a full eval). So it’s been.. nearly three years and I still ask myself “well am I ~actually~ autistic though?” Like what if I just have something else and desperately convinced myself that I’m autistic for the sense of community or comfort of an identity or something?
I’m pretty low support needs (most of the time) and I feel like the rhetoric I see from autism parents, professionals, and just general consensus outside of the nd movement can totally get to me.
It’s a weird in between place to be when you’re not “autistic enough” but also not neurotypical enough. Sucks sometimes.
Disclaimer: I know being high masking is a privilege, and having low support needs is also likely due to privileges I have in many areas of my life. I don’t mean to complain about that at all. Just the weird limbo feeling of not being enough either way.
submitted by _cosmik
to aspergers [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:05 VastoLorde2861 Just finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 and I need to rant
So let me preface this by saying that this rant will only focus on the plot of kiwami 2 (especially towards the end, my god, that was bit of clusterfuck) and not the game as a whole. As a whole, I loved kiwami 2. My second favorite in the series so far (0 > k2 > k1).
I liked the new characters the game introduced - Kawara, Kaoru, and Ryuji. GODDAMN, I fuckin loved Ryuji as a character. Actual yakuza, doing yakuza shit. Classic tale of a fierce rising dragon going against an old, legendary dragon. Love it. That was supposed to be the A-plot of the game (or so the player is made to believe in the beginning). Until it just fucking isn't. The whole Jingweon Mafia B-plot REALLY takes over the main narrative near the end, which derails the supposed A-plot that is good ol' fashion yakuza power struggle. And it wasn't that I didn't care for the Jingweon plot at all. It had its moments. Although predictable, I liked how Kawara's and Kaoru's stories ended. But the entire bs at the end on top of Kamuro Hills almost had me screaming. Just when I thought I was done with the B-plot, they fucking bring back Terada from the dead and then he is the bad guy, but then Takashima comes guns blazing and now HE'S the bad guy and Terada knew it all along and now you have to trust him, and so on. All of this really started getting on my nerves. And I'm not even gonna talk about the fake bomb and other minor asspulls (that much is a given when playing Yakuza). Thank God the fights with Ryuji and Kiryu and Kaoru's moment made up for all the bs in the end.
Tl;dr I just wanted more screentime for Ryuji, man. An hour or two of the plot from the Jingweon mess could've easily been dedicated to his power struggle instead. Onto Majima saga for me now.
submitted by VastoLorde2861
to yakuzagames [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:05 DTG_Bot This Week at Bungie - 03/30/2023
Source: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/destiny-2-twab-3-30-23 This week at Bungie, we’re still recovering from the emotional roller coaster that was last week’s story mission and this week’s remembrance centering around Amanda Holliday. While we’re still making our best attempt at pretending we aren't sobbing messes over our favorite mechanic, we did want to share our preview of the mid-Season weapons update, a fun behind-the-scenes look at development animation horrors, and an update on what our Player Support team is working hard on.
Here’s what we’re going to be digging into this week:
In case you missed last week’s blog, here’s a helpful TLDR:
- A preview of our mid-Season update from the team.
- Answering a question about one particular weapon players are searching for.
- A behind-the-scenes look at placeholder animations regarding that gun.
- Update from our Player Support team on known issues and coming updates.
- The community’s favorite #AOTW and #MOTW picks of the week.
You can check out last week’s update here to learn more!
- We said farewell to the man behind our beloved Commander, Lance Reddick.
- Shared a quick wrap-up of a recent Crucible blog post.
- Shared some changes to the Root of Nightmares raid.
- A bonus heads up that Master and Challenge Mode begins this week.
Before we move on to the actual TWAB, we wanted to pay tribute to the incredible Amanda Holliday. Last week, we all said goodbye to a character that proudly walked the Guardian path in every way but her title. Holliday gave her life during Season of Defiance, and she did so in the most Amanda way possible: like a compassionate Badass with a capital ‘B.’ No matter her trials, her heart never shied away from caring about those around her, even when her mind begged her to be more reserved. We saw it with her friendship with Crow, and against all odds, we saw it in the small ways she showed our Vanguard that she was there to support them. We also saw it each time we spoke with her, even if we just needed a little ship tune-up.
On a more personal note, I worked on aircraft when I was active duty military, so I always looked up to Amanda as a character and felt a special bond with her. I could see myself in her. I wanted to be her. She was a Light and had a strength I don’t even think she knew about. It has always been inspiring, and her journey will continue to inspire long after her sacrifice.
Amanda Holliday gave up her life to help those around her, for those who needed protection. Needed safety. She sacrificed herself for a cause she believed in, and it’s our job as Guardians to make her proud.
Time For a Difficult(y) Conversation We've been keeping an eye on community feedback on overall difficulty since Lightfall's launch, and we have some changes in today's update and future updates that retune certain experiences. In today’s update, we’ve reduced Legend and Master enemy HP scalars for non-boss units, which we felt were a little higher than we liked:
We've also made some additional reductions to Commendations requirements so players can reach their milestones at a more enjoyable pace:
- Reduced the enemy HP scalar in all non-raid/dungeon Legend and Master activities by 10%.
- Reduced the co-op enemy HP scalar in Legendary Avalon by 33% in a full fireteam.
Hello everyone, and welcome to another mid-Season weapons balance pass preview! Senior Design Lead Chris Proctor here. This is not going to be a huge one, but we feel that the changes we do have are impactful to the sandboxes in both PvP and PvE. Also, as a note in case you missed it, in last week's patch, we corrected an issue with Target Lock that was making it significantly more forgiving to use than intended, which originally would have been included in this patch, but we felt the change warranted being pulled forward.
- Reduced Hawthorne's weekly challenge Commendations target from 20 to 5.
- Removed Guardian Rank objectives that require players to give Commendations from Ranks 7, 8, and 9.
- Further reduced Commendation score requirements for Guardian Ranks 7-9:
- Rank 7: 100 (was 460)
- Rank 8: 250 (was 790)
- Rank 9: 500 (was 1,290) ##Mid-Season Preview, Weapons Edition
PvE Primary Weapon Balance We wanted to see how the PvE sandbox shook out after the release of Lightfall, not necessarily to see if primary weapons needed a buff, but more to see how much we should buff them. We've done quite a bit of testing on these numbers, in content ranging from Heroic Nightfalls to Legendary campaigns, all the way up to Grandmasters and we think that the changes are impactful without invalidating the difficulty of the appropriate levels.
In Heroic and Legendary content, you should be more likely to one-shot red-bar enemies depending on your weapon type, and even in GMs, we have shaved how many shots it takes and time it takes to kill for the below weapons against red and orange bar enemies. We want to add that we do not believe we are done with tuning weapon damage in PvE, this is merely a starting point, and we will revisit it in the coming Seasons to make sure everything has a place in the sandbox.
- Increased the damage of the following weapon types against red and orange bar enemies in PvE:
- Auto Rifles face steep competition from Submachine Guns (SMGs) within parts of their range, and having a longer possible engagement distance wasn't doing enough to offset it. We don't want Auto Rifles to defeat combatants faster than SMGs, as that would flip the script and invalidate the lower range options instead, but we did feel like we could close the gap substantially.
- Pulse Rifles and Hand Cannons have been considered weaker in harder PvE content for some time, so we wanted to make sure the buff we gave them was substantial, while at the same time keeping them below the lower ranged options in terms of pure lethality. Pulse Rifles have struggled, being less effective than Scout Rifles despite, for the most part, having a less effective range. We also put Sidearms into this group because they similarly lagged in damage output compared to the longer ranged SMGs. At these values, Pulse Rifles should be in a more reasonable spot, Hand Cannons should feel like they pack more of a punch, and Sidearms should fall much better into the "high risk, high reward" category.
- Pulse Rifles, Hand Cannons, and Sidearms - 20%
- Scout Rifles - We need to be careful tuning Scout Rifles up too much, because they offer the benefits of very safe engagement ranges paired with unlimited ammo, so making them too strong instantly turns most endgame PvE content into "sit as far away as possible and plink," which we want to avoid. That being said, after the changes to the other weapons, they felt like they were trailing just a little too far behind, so we have moved them up as well.
- SMGs and Bows - We tuned the rest of the primary weapons using these two archetypes as benchmarks, but as mentioned above, we will continue to keep an eye on the primary weapon balance in PvE and may revisit their tuning as needed.
- Submachine Guns
- Aggressive Frame SMGs have been very strong in the PvP meta for the last couple of months, with a handful of outliers taking most of the credit. The IKELOS SMG was something of a mystery to us, as we continually felt, and got reports, that the gun seemed to have much better stability than its stats would indicate it should, compared to other SMGs. Originally, the IKELOS SMG was built back in the Warmind era when we had fewer guidelines on how to keep weapons balanced, and upon doing a deeper investigation we found that some custom tuning had been added to the weapon's scope to give it a recoil reduction effect. For comparison, the recoil reduction tuning was like having an effect nearly equivalent to Zen Moment at max strength, and always active. We have removed that custom tuning, and the recoil should now feel in-line with other SMGs.
- IKELOS SMG:
- Removed some tuning in the custom scope causing these weapons to have significantly less recoil than intended. The recoil is now in line with other Aggressive Frame SMGs.
- We are aware that this change in isolation, while noticeable, is unlikely to put much of a dent in Aggressive Frame SMGs current dominance, so we have a larger change to reduce the damage of the Aggressives sub-family that will release alongside Season 21. The change will be targeted at shifting the resiliency threshold where the gun can achieve its optimal 0.67s Time to Kill (TTK) down to a lower value, to force a more reasonable 0.77s TTK against most players, while also decreasing their forgiveness of missed crits.
- Fusion Rifle
- When we last touched Fusion Rifles, Shotguns had seen a big drop in effectiveness, and we were concerned that Rapid-Fire Frame Fusions would rise up to take their place. As such, we preemptively nerfed Rapid-Fires pretty hard. In today's sandbox, this is less of a concern due to the renewed strength of Shotguns following the airborne effectiveness and pellet spread changes, so we have walked back some of the damage nerf we made to Rapid-Fires. This change will push them back to defeating all resilience levels in 7 bolts and give them a decent bump to ease of use.
- Increased burst damage by 15 (damage per burst goes from 245 to 260, damage per bolt goes from 27.2 to 28.9).
- Damage in PvE is unchanged.
- Trace Rifle
- Trace Rifles are in a bit of a precarious spot in the Crucible. In the right hands, they can kill very quickly from long ranges, even outside of their optimal time to kill (TTK). On the other hand, they can be difficult to use, and they often feel heavily ammo limited if you are not hitting the optimal TTK. We did a lot of experimenting with them for this change, including multiple combinations of damage and crit ratios, and settled on the values below as the highest we could push their damage output before they became frustrating to deal with in Crucible. Interestingly, with damage any higher than this the feeling was that they had a surplus of ammo, especially in 6v6 modes, and could often net 2 kills per Special brick picked up, which was concerning. Once we moved their damage values, they still felt like they needed a little bit more, and we wanted to lean harder into making them feel good to use, so we increased the effect that stability has on reducing flinch at the high end of the stat. We will monitor this change when it goes live and may revisit the ammo situation in a future update if their effectiveness remains low.
- Increased base damage by 4% (base damage goes from 12 to 12.5).
- Reduced precision hit multiplier from 1.4x to 1.35x (crit damage goes from 16.8 to 16.9).
- Increased the effectiveness of stability at reducing flinch by 10% at 100 stat (scales down at lower values).
- Sniper Rifle
- Rapid-Fire Frame Sniper Rifles have long struggled to find a place in both the PvP and PvE meta. In PvP, their inability to kill with two body shots puts them on uneven footing with other Snipers, and in PvE their fast RPM but standard inventory sizes mean you constantly feel low on ammo. To address these concerns and differentiate them from other Sniper sub-families, we have reduced their recoil by 50%. This means hitting crits on a boss or Champion in PvE is much easier, and taking rapid follow-up shots in PvP is too. We have also increased their inventory stat by 30%, which should give them a lot more rounds to play with in PvE content.
- Reduced recoil by 50%.
- Increased total ammunition (magazine + reserves) by 30%.
Cinematics Director James Myers has an answer that many of you have been asking: “Where the heck is the Khvostov weapon seen in cutscenes?!” Funny story about that, we’ll let Myers take this one.
- Final Warning - Final Warning being able to track targets through barricades, while funny in some cases, felt pretty unfair to play against and was not an intended mechanic of the weapon.
- Can no longer mark targets through Titan Barricades.
- Tarrabah - This weapon is something we have been keeping an eye on for a while, and with the spotlight being shown on Aggressive Frame SMGs, it felt like Tarrabah has had its time in the sun. When the weapon was introduced, there was substantially less survivability in PvP, and the intention was that it would take nearly two full engagements to get Ravenous Beast active, which made it one of the costliest perk activators we had in game and justified the extreme power it offered. As the sandbox has progressed, however, survivability has increased, and it has become possible for Ravenous Beast to be very close to activating after a single engagement. This has meant that savvy players could purposefully bait or take a small amount of damage (like standing in a grenade's effect) to top off the perk, and then have it active for the second engagement. The increased ease of access has made Ravenous Beast an outlier in today's Crucible, and we were left with the options of reducing the potency of the perk itself or trying to make its activation more difficult, and we decided to work with the latter. This reduction in energy granted from taking damage puts the onus back on the user to deal damage and shifts the balance of the perk back towards a difficult activator that justifies its reward of a potent effect. In addition, we are continuing our mission to address zoom outliers, and this felt like a good time to reduce the zoom of Tarrabah back down to something more in line with the rest of the SMG archetype.
- Reduced the amount of Ravenous Beast energy generated when taking damage from 3% to 1%.
- Reduced zoom from 16 to 15.
- Revision Zero - Fourth Times the Charm (FTTC) working when Revision Zero went into Hunter's Trace is a fun and intended interaction, but it caused some unfortunate issues. Activating it too early while the perk was up caused the weapon to overflow its limited mag size and return to the normal Pulse Rifle mode. We have made a fix so that FTTC can continue to work while Hunter's Trace is active, but it will not be able to grant ammo until all shots have been expended. This means you can still enjoy the 2 free shots provided by the perk as long as you hit all 4 Hunter's Trace rounds without worrying about being kicked out of the mode. In addition, we have buffed the damage of the Hunter's Trace rounds by 25% in PvE, and we have buffed the Häkke Heavy Burst rounds by 75% in PvE. This will now make it more of a tradeoff when choosing between the origin perks, either dealing more damage in the primary mode but charging Hunter's Trace more slowly or dealing less damage but charging the bonus shots more quickly.
- Fourth Times the Charm will now be reset when entering Hunter's Trace.
- This will prevent the issue of firing a single shot while in Hunter's Trace and being forcibly returned to Pulse Rifle mode when FTTC activates.
- Increased PvE damage of the Hunter's Trace rounds by 25%.
- Increased PvE damage of the Häkke Heavy Burst rounds by 75%.Video Link ####At Season 21 Launch
- A sweeping rework of weapon hip fire reticles to better display useful information to players (accuracy, aim assist, charge state, Exotic perk state, etc.).
- The Aggressive Frame SMG nerf.
- A 10% PvE buff to Sniper Rifle damage.
- Buffs/adjustments to more than a dozen Exotic weapons, including Graviton Lance and Salvation's Grip.
In the Future
- We are going to be taking a look at how zoom interacts with damage fall off, and the base damage fall off ranges of all weapons in general.
- Zoom, and perks like Rangefinder that manipulate zoom, have become a requirement on several weapon types, either to compete at all in the sandbox, or to allow the weapon to exceed its intended engagement ranges. This has led us to begin to consolidate zoom values on certain weapon archetypes, which removes an important lever that we can use to modify weapon feel, given the effect zoom has on field of view, recoil reduction, and aim assist falloff.
- We will be investigating decoupling damage falloff from zoom (this would be paired alongside a refresh of the base damage falloff values to compensate), which should allow us to better control the engagement ranges of individual archetypes, while at the same time letting us continue to use zoom as a tuning knob for weapon feel without dramatically changing their performance.
The Case of the Missing Khvostov, A Peek Behind the Developer Curtain
Myers: During the production of Lightfall, a certain story beat was pitched related to reluctantly aiming a weapon, and we quickly realized that we would need to animate that moment much more specifically than we typically handle Guardians pointing weapons in previous scenes. Many players have noticed some of the sillier results in some real-time scenes, even when we avoid extreme poses (like our Guardian holding a Bow at the end of The Witch Queen.) So, I spun up a thread with the studio leads and suggested that we decide on a “default weapon” that we could feature if we ever needed something specific like this. I suggested the Khvostov because it’s the very first weapon every player receives in Destiny. Literally every Guardian has tinkered around with this weapon, so it felt like the right call.
At the same time, new systems were being developed that would feature Guardians (like Commendations), and similarly, there were a lot of visual bugs popping up with certain weapons like Glaives and Bows. The animation team was stretched thin closing on cinematics, and a new set of animations was, unfortunately, something that would cost us other content. Because of that, we made the decision to use the same default logic in the instances where a visual bug would detract from the quality bar we aim to achieve.
Regarding helmets seen in in-engine cinematics, I have seen some folks post screenshots of their Guardians from recent real-time cinematics, and many were helmetless! Something we started doing in Lightfall is respecting the player's choice of helmet or no helmet in real-time scenes, where appropriate (we'll keep your helmet on in the vacuum of space for example). But for the most part, if you choose "hide helmet," you'll see your Guardian's face. And if you don't, you won't unless there's a special exception (I don't want to make that promise too airtight, just in case!). There is one caveat to keep in mind: the Season 20 cinematics were in production before we finalized this plan, so from Season 21 onward this will be consistent!
As a little bonus “sneak peek,” some animators in the film industry were recently discussing how they push animation poses in ridiculous ways to get the framing just right on camera, making for better shot composition and framing. It stirred up some interesting conversation, so we figured we'd show you one of these reframings with an example from the Season 20 intro cinematic. Whatever it takes to get the shot, y’know?
What you see:
What we see:
There Will Be Wallpapers And because you all had to see the hidden horrors of animation right alongside us, here are some freebie wallpapers to enjoy as a return to normalcy. You know, as a treat. Plus, can we just take a moment to drool over the Mara art? Because definitely going to snag that one for my new background.
Player Support Report Poll: Do you call it Root or RoN?
Another week, another Player Support Report. This week, we’re diving into Loadout crashes, providing another update to Guardian Ranks, and detailing a list of known issues that the crew is working on.
This is their report.
Known Issues List Help Forums Bungie Help Twitter
We are aware of an issue where attempting to equip certain loadouts can cause game crashes for players. We recommend that players experiencing error code WEASEL when equipping loadouts ensure that their Class Items are using the updated version of the Empowered Finish mod as outlined in Hotfix 220.127.116.11.
GUARDIAN RANK UPDATE
The Commendation requirements for unlocking Guardian Ranks 7, 8, and 9 have been updated. The updated requirements can be viewed in the Guardian Rank objectives by navigating to the Journey tab. Players must complete and claim all required objectives, then interact with the Ironwood Tree in the Tower to unlock their next Guardian Rank.
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help forum:
For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
- The Preservation mission in the Throne World is not available for some players.
- The Hydroponics Delta Lost Legendary Sector has a longer respawn timer.
- Veteran players do not receive the correct amount of lore books when they rank up for the first time.
- Reservoir Burst explosion with Subsistence can sometimes fail to activate on kill.
- Adept Trials Hand Cannon is getting one round less in the magazine than the non-Adept version.
- The grav-lift on Neomuna is tied to framerate, causing players with higher framerates to die upon landing.
- Non-Lightfall quests showing up under the Lightfall quest category.
- Hunter gauntlets Thunderhead Grips are missing as an ornament for armor synthesis.
- Certain Heavy weapon archetypes are not benefitting from equipping a third reserve mod.
- Players are no longer able to equip the Unbroken title.
- Restoration reverts to a lower timer when reapplying the original source of the buff.
- Weapons can mark targets through Titan barricades.
- Thread of Generation stops functioning on Hunters for grenades that aren't Grapple after using their Super.
- Unpowered melee can produce fast melee combos in quick succession.
- Players experience a black screen when previewing armor bundles on PS5.
- Some players on Steam are unable to progress past the class icon loading spinner on launch. Please send us your DxDiag on our Help forum.
- Commendations are greyed out as already given in some activities.
To Strand or Not to Strand, It's Not Really a Question at This Point Image Linkimgur
Hippy: It’s pretty easy to see that we love ourselves a good Strand grapple. Seriously, some of the videos y’all tag us in are making Spider-Man proud. We just know it. While some videos out there go ham on making a statement ala green-flavored Darkness, this “strange anomaly” is so subtly hilarious it was impossible to leave out of this week’s movie picks.
Movie of the Week: Investigating a strange Strand anomaly.
Sam: We've seen rocket riding, but have you seen this?
Movie of the Week: Guardian Down
Due to certain... circumstances... the Guardian Space Agency is hard at work determining new ways to support the Guardian fleet with space travel! #MOTW Image Linkimgur
❌ Rocket Riding
❌ Lumina Riding
✅ "Guardian Down" Riding pic.twitter.com/jAhZVuXgYx
— DVSuffering Student 📚 (@A_DVS_NTT) March 23, 2023
So, Nezarec and Eris Walk Into a Bar (Stop Us If You've Heard This One)
Bruno: I think the Root of Nightmares raid has been around long enough for us to start praising your art around a certain Final God of Pain. Nezarec is an amazing character with a unique design, and I'm so happy so many artists are making their own versions of him.
Art of the Week: The Final God of Trapezius, too
I've fallen in love with Nezarec, actually #Destiny2AOTW #Lightfall pic.twitter.com/5fcourZxok Ivan: This piece has some (space) magic behind it. Now I'm curious what's there behind the curtain. I guess we'll need to wait and find out. Great #Destiny2AOTW submission, congrats!
— The Edgeless Terror (@ascendantraisin) March 20, 2023
Art of the Week: Eris Morn
Eris Morn And that's a wrap on our latest TWAB! This one was pretty weapons-focused, but with so much talk about recent changes, we wanted to spend some time going over what's coming down the pipeline.
Drawn by a friend's request![#Destiny2Art](https://twitter.com/hashtag/Destiny2Art?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) #Destiny2AOTW #Destiny2 pic.twitter.com/d80bkwMTxJ
— 백곰 (@polarbear2324) March 26, 2023
Now that our paths must diverge once more, just a friendly reminder to please remember to drink your water, prioritize that self-care, pet all the good puppers out there for me, and always lead with your kindest foot forward. See you on the flip side, friends.
"I should go,"
submitted by DTG_Bot
to DestinyTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:05 acnhRen Tips for new ACNH players
Because there are so many new ACNH players posting similar questions each day, I thought I'd put together this "Tips" post as sort of a "go-to" guide.
Ways to maximize getting Bells:
- Find the glowing spot, dig it up, and bury 10,000 bells in the hole EVERY day. Soon you'll have 4 trees in various stages of growth that will give you 30,000 bells every day.
- Pop as many balloons as you can each day. Some will give you ores, some will give furniture or decor items, and some (mainly the yellow ones) will give bells. One yellow balloon will cross your island each day that has 30,000 bells. Sell whatever furniture/decor and ore items you don't want.
- Hit your money rock every day. Will net you 16,100 bells.
- Get your hands on a wet suit as quickly as you can and go diving every day. You can earn a lot of bells catching and selling sea creatures ... and you won't break tools doing it. :)
- Take full advantage of shark season. Not only are the sharks worth a lot of bells, but the bugs that also spawn during shark season are worth the most bells.
- Dig up fossils every day. Donate them to the museum and sell the duplicates. The faster you complete the fossil section of your museum, the faster you'll be able to sell all of the fossils that spawn on your island each day, which can net you up to 24,000 bells a day.
- Gather all of the fruits (apple, cherry, coconut, orange, peach, pear) and vegetables (carrots, pumpkins, sugar cane, tomatoes, wheat) and plant them. Once they mature, you can harvest them every few days and sell the crops. Don't forget to water them each day after harvesting to maximize crop production! You'll also need the crops for food recipes.
- Craft the "hot item" each day and sell it. If you're lucky, the hot item will be the donation box. If you craft it and fill it will bells, you'll double your money for the cost of a few pieces of wood!
- Shake your trees! Not only will you be able to catch 5 wasps and collect their nests each day (another 15,000 bells!), 10 trees will drop 100 bells, and one will drop a furniture item that can be sold if you don't want it. Also, during the fall and winter seasons, the trees will drop acorns, pine cones, and ornaments that can be sold if not needed for crafting.
- Play the stalk market. Not only can you generate a very sizeable profit each week, you'll be working toward completing the "Cornering the Stalk Market" NMT task.
- Earn as many NMTs as you can each day by completing the Nook Miles + tasks. Save those NMTs! They're probably one of the most valuable items in the game. You'll need NMTs to find the villagers you want as well as to acquire certain items and recipes obtained through the kiosk in Resident Services.
- You can earn up to 10,000 NMTs every day if you have the DLC pack and the bells to design and re-design your villagers homes each day. Simply changing one design feature in the interior or exterior of a villager's home is enough to earn 1,000 NMTs. It costs 9,000 bells to design a villager's home each time, but if you need NMTs more than Bells, it's a quick way to generate a lot of them.
- Hit all of your rocks every day. Save any gold nuggets the rocks throw out. You'll need as many as you can get your hands on for crafting a number of items. Stockpile at least 120 of each ore. You'll be glad you did later on. :D
- Catch fish/bugs and donate them to the museum. Sell what you don't need. Also, Nook Miles + tasks include catching fish/bugs and selling 5,000 Bells worth of items ... sometimes more than once per day ... so you can earn NMTs, work at completing your museum, and earn Bells at the same time by simply catching bugs/fish and donating/selling them! Win-win!!
- Talk to your villagers! Not only will it help improve your friendship with them (which helps those who may be trying to get rid of a specific villager), it increases the chances they'll give you a gift each day, which you can sell.
Designing your island:
- Don't fret over designing and decorating your island.
- Take your time and develop a plan, then work on creating it on your island a little bit at a time.
- When deciding what you want for your island theme, consider what your "happy place(s)" is ... where do you go physically or in your head when you're stressed and needing to "escape" the real world for a little bit of relief? Designing areas on your island that mimic your happy place irl can help make playing a bit more enjoyable than trying to create something out of thin air that you're not familiar with.
- There's no getting around the grind of collecting diy crafting recipes and shopping to acquire the furniture/decor items for decorating your home and island. Just embrace the suck and use it to maximize earning NMTs (crafting, customizing, or buying when it's in your Nook Miles + task list to complete DIY projects, customize items, or spend 5,000 Bells).
- Use terraforming to create cliffs and waterfalls for a vertical background design element along with trees. Use water (rivers/ponds) for side and foreground horizontal design elements.
- Make use of shrubs and flowers as filler.
- Short fences and shrubs can be used to define the front and sides of a small area, while taller fences and trees can be used to define the background of a small area.
- Unless you're going to have a "rainbow" island, pick 2 or 3 colors for your primary palette to use throughout your island. White, black, and brown are considered "neutrals," so "colors" would be pink, blue, purple, orange, yellow, and red. An exception could be the green mums being considered a "neutral."
- If you are going to be successful in completing the fishing tourneys and bug-offs, consider that you'll need quick access to rivers, ponds, oceans, and wide open spaces from your Resident Services for those events. In other words, when terraforming and placing furniture, make sure you don't create obstacles that prevent you from getting to your rivepond/beach and a wide open area quickly (within a couple of seconds).
- Don't forget that music can set the tone of an area on your island. The shell and wood music boxes can be incorporated into an area's design and used to play soft music (so you don't have to listen to the island's background music). There are other music player options if you want more volume.
- If you have the DLC pak, design the exterior of your villagers' homes to fit in with your island theme (i.e., if your theme is "forest core", give your villagers log cabin home exteriors, etc.)
- Choose custom paths that fit with your island theme.
- Cohesiveness is the key to having a truly good looking island ... from paths to fencing to villager home exteriors to furniture/decor.
- You can run faster if you press the B button. You can also trample your flowers when you run fast through them! But, they do re-bloom.
- You can swim faster if you press the A button.
- It's better to sneak up on fast moving sea creatures by using your left stick to slowly move in the direction the creature is moving.
- You can do a flip off your dock and flat beach rocks by running (pressing the B button), then pressing the A button just as you reach the end of the dock/rock.
- You can avoid getting stung by wasps by running into a building or a gazebo or opening your airport gates before shaking trees.
- You can have coffee at Brewster's with players visiting your island.
- You can slide by running fast (B button) then changing direction quickly.
- Villager toe beans are the cutest! <3
- When you fly somewhere or another player visits you, look up in the sky after landing and you'll see a white streak across the sky left by the airplane's exhaust.
- There's a 15 day period between the time a new villager moves in and another villager can ask to move out. Also, the last villager who asks to leave can't ask again until another villager has asked to leave.
- Fastest way to get a villager to leave is to: 1) talk to them/give them gifts to increase your friendship with them; 2) time travel one month into the future; 3) look for the villager near their home and resident services and see if they have a thought bubble; 4) if so, talk to them to see if they ask to leave; 5) if not, time travel one day into the future and check again; 6) if the villager still doesn't have a thought bubble, travel back to the current day and repeat steps 1-5.
And, most importantly, HAVE FUN playing!
- Play at your own speed and don't fret if your island doesn't look as "complete" as other players' islands. Keep in mind, it takes time to acquire enough items and resources to decorate an entire island. Many players have been playing since the game's initial release and have put in the time to acquire items and resources. Just know that, if you continue to play each day, you will reach that point as well.
- Take breaks if you're feeling overwhelmed or beginning to feel burned out.
- This game is designed to be played for the long-haul. Even after obtaining all diy recipes, crafting/cataloging every item, having all of the villagers you want move to your island, growing all of the hybrid flowers, and terraforming your island the way you want it, the game is still meant to be enjoyed via daily interaction with your villagers and other NPCs.
- There's lots to be said about enjoying the game with other players. There are a lot of nice people on the acnh sub-reddit who are willing to help others with their game play ... and with whom you could become good friends and share island play.
submitted by acnhRen
to acnh [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:05 Spartawolf Galactic High (Chapter 63)
“Woah!” Jack yelled out as he fell out of bed Luckily he hadn’t been foolish enough to have set Dante up right next to him just in case of any accidents like this.
What stood in front of him holding a tray looked like a collection of rocks, pebbles and dirt vaguely moulded into a humanoid-ish form. Staring at it wide-eyed he levelled his gun at the thing as it slowly motioned to the tea it.had, and began to pour Jack a cup.
“Good morning Jack!” Zayle perked up as they walked in after the hulking thing. “No no no! Please don’t shoot him! He’s really nice and still owes me favours!”
Jack just stared back at the Squa’Kaar with the biggest ‘WTF’ expression on his face, not saying anything as the pile of rubble held out the mug for him to take, which he eventually did after he got the feeling it was staring at him.
“Zayle…” Jack began. “What’s going on?”
“Are you okay halveer
?” Zayle asked. “My watcher spirit alerted me that you were starting to awaken so I thought I would make you a hot drink to wake you up! I sent my earth spirit to take it to you while I helped tidy up downstairs with my air spirit!”
“What time is it?” Jack asked with a groan as he got up, taking the mug from the earth spirit and taking a sip and taking care not to flinch from the taste. It was strong and bitter, and it seemed like Zayle had tried to counter that by putting way too much sweetener in it, but there was no way Jack was going to tell them after they were kind enough to go through the effort of making it and bringing it to him.
“It is early morning, I didn’t expect you of all people to awaken for a while yet!” Zayle commented. “Chiyo told me you and Nika probably would be up though. Are you feeling better?”
“Yeah.” Jack lied.
“Oh good!” Zayle perked up. “I hope everyone else does too! Uh…would you like me to get you some clothes to wear?”
“Shit!” Jack cursed as he got to his feet, quickly downing the rest of the drink and putting the mug back on the tray as he quickly went to the pile of clothes on the floor and threw on a thin undershirt and shorts.
“No need to be embarrassed.” Zayle shrugged nonchalantly. “Earth spirits don’t really understand that kind of concept.”
“Uh…” Jack began, staring at the gecko, who scoffed.
“What? I can grow a penis whenever I like, why would I be bothered?” Zayle smiled at Jack with a shrug.
Immediately, Jack spat out the drink still in his mouth in shock, spraying the earth spirit with the milky liquid. If the spirit seemed upset, it didn’t show it.
“What the shit!? Okay, time out.” Jack spoke up after he finished spluttering. “I don’t even know if you’re joking or if you’re serious. That was too much!”
“Sorry!” Zayle covered their mouth to stifle their laugh. “It is true though! My species evolved to do it to deal with population issues but it doesn’t really matter these days. At least it helps with the stupid school uniform policy! Have you ever tried wearing a skirt in a breezy winter? It’s not good!”
“Can’t say I have.” Jack replied with the first genuine chuckle he had in a while. “Is it really that terrible?”
“It’s really bad! My people grew up in warm swamps, but not baking hot like the summers here! That’s when you get horrible chafing with dangly parts! It takes a few months to fully change but usually Rayle and I time it well to match the seasons!”
“Too much information!” Jack snorted with a laugh. “Maybe we can change the topic to where we’ll be heading to pick your stuff up?”
“Sure, but I think Nika might need some help.” Zayle looked to the side, seemingly at nothing. “My watcher spirit is telling me she’s having trouble getting to her feet.”
“Alright, let's not wake anyone up.” Jack decided, looking at Dante with concern. Despite everything that had happened, the ‘dog’ hadn’t woken up from their slumber, and Jack quickly rearranged the blankets so they were better covered, but in a way that allowed everyone to check up on him without disturbing him.
The two headed downstairs, followed awkwardly by the earth spirit with pebbles tapping the wood as it trundled along.
“Morning.” Nika groaned as she stumbled her way to the living room clad in just her sports bra and shorts, her lower half surrounded by some kind of faint smoke that snaked around her legs and tail until she was able to grab a blanket and wrap it around herself. “Thanks for the assist, Zayle.” she sighed as the smoke coalesced and formed a small humanoid shape that stood at attention next to her.
“How are you feeling?” Jack asked the Kizun as Zayle quickly saw another opportunity to be proactively useful in making tea while her spirits awkwardly just stood there.
“Still sore, still stiff.” Nika sighed. “But healing naturally. I won’t let Alora give me a jump start when there could be lives at stake back at the Clan Bharzum compound. We have many friends in medical comas or being put back together for resurrection, and I’ll be damned if I take magical healing over them.”
Jack nodded as he sat on the sofa next to her. “No morning workout for us then?”
Nika rolled her eyes at him. “Careful, I might try a lap around the district even if I have to crawl! I’ve been hurt before but I never get used to just sitting down on the sofa and not doing anything productive. I know many of our friends like to do that and I’m not one to judge but I hate being forced to do nothing else without any choice in the matter.”
“We could find something practical.” Jack considered. “I don’t want to think too hard about homework but the Industrial Vocation bot we were working on was fun!”
“The one with the eight legs you thought up?” Nika grinned. “Yeah we can do that here while the others are still sleeping.”
“I can start making breakfast if you want?” Zayle asked as her earth and air spirits lingered behind her, having not been given tasks to do. “Or if it’s too early I can summon my water spirit to clean the pipes?”
“You should take a break instead and calm down.” Jack smiled. “You’ve done more than enough already and none of us even asked you to! Maybe you can sit down and rest while you tell us about your soon-to-be-ex-landlord instead?”
“The Laird?” Zayle asked. “Paranoid, crazy and power hungry, though nothing like the horrible and powerful enemies I’ve heard you’ve encountered. He wasn’t too terrible in the past but I think ever since his position started to get tenuous he’s been making a bunch of terrible decisions. Originally the security was alright and it was an environment Rayle and I were comfortable with so we stayed there because it was something we could afford while we attended school, but for a while now the dues have kept going up and we get less for it. He’s been bringing in extra thugs that like to try and fine people or intimidate residents into not leaving. That’s why I was hoping to get our things and get out before things get worse!”
“What was your original plan?” Nika asked curiously. “You mentioned before how you and Rayle had it all planned out. Where would you have moved to?”
“We were tempted to sign up to the Red Legion as aspirants. They provide free lodgings and military training after school and we have friends that have already signed up. The benefits are really good if you have magical capabilities, though it does mean we’d be tied to their operations on the Ring. Alternatively Kritch mentioned to Rayle that his family might be in a position soon to accept some tenants! Rayle was really keen on that idea for some reason…”
“Right.” Jack smiled, suspecting some ulterior motive on the part of their Lizta friend. “What kind of security has this Laird got? You mentioned thugs.”
“Security before was a local militia before there were arguments about pay and a bunch of them left. The Laird brought in anyone that could shoot a gun irrespective of their background. Bandits in all but name! Some of the neighbours have reported being mugged or robbed by them, so that’s mainly why I asked you for your kind assistance in the matter. Rayle and I can usually move around and go to the shops without really attracting any attention but moving out certainly would.”
“I get it.” Jack nodded. “A capable group wouldn’t be a tempting target for the bandits so your hope is for them not to harass you to stay.”
“Yes.” Zayle nodded. “I don’t like violence or confrontation but I hate being unsafe or robbed even more! If it is possible to get to the vault where the Laird is keeping the things he takes that his thugs aren’t skimming off then it may be possible to return sentimental items to my former neighbours if they’re able to get out themselves. They’d probably reward us too if we were to do it, and I’d feel more confident making the attempt with you than if it was just myself and Rayle.”
“I can’t guarantee we’ll go for that but it’s something to consider if the opportunity presents itself.” Jack pointed out seriously. “How were you able to pay your way before if you’re a full-time student?”
“My spirits are very utilitarian and Rayle is quite skilled with druidic magic.” Zayle shrugged. “Mainly odd jobs. We’ve volunteered with the Greenwardens before and sometimes we are able to sell byproducts of what we are able to produce which keeps us afloat. We are even able to grow GrainCoin and other AstralCurrencies sometimes which helps keep us in the black, and we’ve learned a bit about trading in the process.”
“Might be a good idea to repeat that to Alora.” Nika pointed out after stretching herself out more on the sofa. “We have a lot of very fertile garden space and an enthusiastic Eladrie that’ll be all over you, and Rayle too once they recover.”
“Yes…” Zayle’s expression drooped at being reminded of Rayle’s condition. If Jack had to guess, the reason for Zayle throwing themselves into chores and jobs was as a coping mechanism to try and forget. It probably wasn’t healthy, but then again, who was he to criticise?
“What’s the district like?” Jack added. “Please don’t leave anything out. If we’re helping you we need to make sure we do so in the right way so we don’t run into any problems.”
“There’s a lot of abandoned and ruined properties. It should be easy to hide and lay low if needed.” Zayle thought. “Oh yeah, lots of boat travel where bridges have been busted. I usually use my spirits but with more people I suppose that might be a problem.”
“Boat travel?” Jack asked in confusion. “What kind of place is this?”
“It’s swamp land suited for my species?” Zayle asked, sounding confused. “Why wouldn’t you need a boat for a place like that? Many islands of buildings amidst the canals, and the best humid environment we can afford to keep us moisturised. It is a large district spread between several factions that may turn into a horrible war, probably the next time the fog builds up.”
“Hmm.” Jack pondered. “Sounds almost like Venice. I went there once but it was packed with other tourists. A bunch of islands connected by even more bridges with the buildings constantly sinking into the ground. It has a lot of history but it’s basically just a tourist trap now.”
“Huh?” Zayle asked, now even more confused. “I have never heard of this…Ven-iss. But yes, several of the buildings sink into the ground by design to create an underground space in certain places. I am pretty sure the vault area has multiple access points with tunnels dug underneath so loot can quickly be taken there and possibly smuggled out. I’ve had watcher spirits follow some of the goons to confirm it.”
“How long does it take for you to normally get to your place when you enter the territory?” Nika asked, trying to get the gecko back on track.
“Just less than half an hour normally, but that is when I utilise my spirits to travel with Rayle, who also helps with their druidic powers.”
“So likely longer.” Jack nodded. “Do you at least have a map?”
Uhh…” Zayle fidgeted around for their commlink, reaching into one of the pockets of their newly-liberated dressing gown from the collection of clothes Jack and Sephy had robbed before bringing it up. “I have the sections of it I frequently use?”
“That’ll be useful.” Nika nodded. “Best wait for Sephy to wake up before we check it out and map a route.”
“Sometimes the thugs gather or patrol in places but I just take an alternative path.” Zayle added. “Even easier if you find or take a boat but there is usually the occasional sentry you need to watch out for, though maybe they’ll be more focused on where the other gangs will be coming from.”
“Something to bear in mind.” Jack noted. “I’ve seen how quiet Sephy’s drones can be, maybe if she has a few hovering overhead we can avoid any trouble outright. However from what you’ve described the militia have a habit of harassing innocent civilians. I’ll tell you now, I won’t stand by and let that happen if they try something like that around me. How strong are they if things go to shit?”
“There were several infrequent patrols between two to five guards last time I was there.” Zayle recalled as she filled another teapot and offered everyone drinks, which both Jack and Nika happily took. “Though many times they were drunk or high on something and didn’t really do much.”
“Maybe just keeping up appearances.” Nika reasoned. “Or just taking an easy job for easy pay before their employer either dies or cuts and runs with what they have. If they don’t live in the community they don’t have any motivation to act like proper guards.”
“They may also get the idea to take it for themselves if they’re able to and the Laird isn’t able to rein them in.” Jack speculated. “He seems like a poor leader, though I can’t tell if it’s from malice or just plain stupidity. How did he claim the territory in the first place?”
“Both malice and stupidity I think.” Zayle shrugged. “And he was next in the chain of command when the previous Laird and her chosen successor both apparently died to a Zorn raid. I think he was a clerk or a tax collector or something.”
“Makes sense why he’s not the best overall leader then.” Jack replied. “Okay. It sounds like a stealthy approach to your place will work as long as we detect and react to potential encounters quickly to avoid them, which will be very doable if we at the very least have Sephy and Chiyo along for the ride. Based on what you’ve told me we may be able to go today depending on how the others are feeling. It’s a risk but the situation over there could be played to our advantage if the militia is looking a certain way and we can sneak in and out right under their noses.”
“I agree.” Nika nodded with a grin. “You have a good mind for tactics.”
“Yeah.” Jack nodded in thought. “My main concern however is for your neighbours who haven’t left yet who may be caught in the storm. Some might be able to get out but there may also be those that are vulnerable and can’t leave unaided. The vault is optional, and I imagine Sephy would agree with you Zayle that we should try and hit it, but that might be a risk too far. We can entertain that idea when we get there, only if things go well.
“That’s fair.” Zayle conceded. “We can only do what we can, but we must be realistic about what we can do. We cannot save everyone over there.”
“We can only do our best.” Jack agreed. “Also I think I’m ready for breakfast now…”
Zayle quickly got to their feet, eager to throw herself into another task but Jack shook his head.
“No Zayle, you’ve already done a lot so sit down. I’m cooking, you need to take a chill pill. Nika, what do we have in stock?”
Jack admittedly had a limited number of recipes he could cook, but his father had decided he should know basic cooking skills at his age, and had Jack helping him with a few weekend family breakfasts they’d do to give his mother a break. Fortunately he confirmed that Zayle and Vanya were able to eat the simple meal he had planned as he counted several eggs, some prepared bacon-like equivalent they had that was suitable for nearly every species and the basic staples to make pancakes. He had no idea if it was officially called a Canadian or American breakfast or not and it didn’t really bother him. All Jack knew was that it was an easy dish to do for multiple people and he didn’t know many other recipes he could do. It would be the second morning in a row he would be making pancakes, so he resolved to try and find other simple recipes he would be able to learn. He knew he had a cooking class at school next week with Chiyo, so maybe he’d pick something up there or add a cookery book to the house shopping list?
As the smells of the hearty food wafted throughout the house, the others slowly appeared. Chiyo was first, having already been awake and meditating in the basement, lazily floating upwards and plonking herself on the sofa without too many words, except that the others that were able to were waking up, she was hungry and she couldn’t wait to eat what was cooking!
Sephy and Alora eventually joined them, with Nika and Zayle clueing them in on what their likely plans would be for recovering Rayle and Zayle’s belongings.
“I could come along, but....” Alora began, though Nika shook her head and countered. “We’ve already discussed it. You know Clan Bharzum will need medics and I know how serious you are about your healer’s oath. I think a smaller group would be best for remaining undetected anyway, and even if things do get bad the opposition isn’t going to be anything near the Pallid Pit or the Klown attacks, which Sephy, Jack and Chiyo can handle. As much as I hate to say it I can’t come myself, but I can help coordinate from here via comms and keep an eye on Dante and Vanya at the same time.”
“Alright.” Alora nodded and finally agreed. “Shoot me a message when you head out. How long do you expect to be?”
“It’s a few hours travel from here to my place.” Zayle noted. “Though I calculate that by my usual route, I expect it to take longer to get there safely and silently. Plus we need to get my stuff but I know what I will do for that.”
“So let’s just say a few hours, assuming all goes well.” Jack shrugged. “How do you plan on getting the stuff out then?”
“Rayle and I managed to bind a powerful earth spirit that is currently residing there as part of our current Lodge, along with a few other more powerful ones.” Zayle grinned, looking proud. “It’ll be able to handle getting the stuff out of the district, and I’ll have the other spirits accompanying me until I can use them for something or need to dismiss them once I dispel the Lodge for good, since those ones are too powerful to bind to my astral field. I’ll need to recover as many of the reagents we used in the original construction as possible in order to more quickly rebuild here once we find a suitable space.” Sephy, how many drones do you have available?
Chiyo asked the Skritta, who shrugged.
“I can bring a few more than I did for the Oracle Run but I don’t want to take my whole stack. I was thinking of having a few camouflage observer drones hovering above nearby so we can see any danger before it sees us.” Sephy reasoned. “I don’t have any capable of shifting stuff but if you say your earth spirit at your home can do it, that’s on you.”
And Chiyo, you should be able to detect others lying in wait?” Jack asked. Yes, unless they purposefully shield themselves as Svaartal did on our way back from the Oracle. However since we’re not expected, it’s extremely unlikely we’ll run into that problem.
“Alright, then I guess I won’t need to be too worried if I offer my healing to Clan Bharzum.” Alora sighed. “I’ll head off as soon as I can then but I would like it if you kept me updated. I’ve got to say I’m surprised you’re taking being sidelined as well as you are Nika, it really isn’t like you.”
“That’s because I’m confident they can pull it off and Jack will keep everyone safe.” The Kizun shrugged. “Just don’t be too tempted to go for the vault if it’s too great a risk.”
“We’ll at least take a look and make sure we have a plan.” Jack shrugged. “From the sounds of it the Laird’s position is tenuous at best so if we don’t make the attempt others probably will, but if we do it we make sure we sort out anything else. If not, there’s apparently abandoned properties around that you can satisfy your kleptomania with Sephy.”
“I take offence to being called that!” Sephy replied in mock horror. “I am merely an entrepreneur seeking opportunities!”
“Don’t be in a rush to go though.” Alora warned. “I don’t want Vanya waking up and finding barely anyone here before we’ve explained what we’re planning for today.” She’ll probably be another hour before she wakes.
Chiyo informed her, and Alora simply nodded at that information in acknowledgement.
“We’re not in a rush.” Jack confirmed. “I think most of us are still tired so we’ll go once we’ve eaten and woken up a bit more. Maybe we can get there when it starts to get dark since I know Sephy’s drones will still be able to see anyway?”
“Good plan.” Nika nodded. “Although…Zayle, how does militia activity differ from day to night?”
“Uh…” Zayle thought. “The Laird wants more guards patrolling at night but in practice it doesn’t differ that much. It might actually be better since Rayle and I have seen guards goofing off when they think nobody is watching.”
“Alright, sounds good.” Jack nodded. “We’ll rest up and make our move in a few hours. Get ready.”
Another day, another mission! (Got to go for a side quest at some point!)
If you're impatient for the next chapter, why not check out my previous series
Some pictures have been added to The Galactic High Info Sheet!
If you have any fanart or any pictures you think might fit one of the entries, please let us know on the discord!
Don't forget! You all have the ability to leave comments and notes to the entries, which I encourage you to do!
As always I love to see the comments on what you guys think!
Don't forget to join the discussion with us on Discord
, and consider checking me out on Youtube
if you haven't already! Until next week, it's goodbye for now!
submitted by Spartawolf
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:05 Stacks27 New Old school Rapper Steve Stacks Heres what I believe is NYC old school Rap
Fresh drop about 10 days ago. New Rapper Old school Rap. Flow like you have not heard. Check me out www.hyperfollow.com/stacksrap
Im sure one of my tracks make it your cars or homes. Peace out! Links to all 4 songs in link. Song Now in the Presence in all stores Born in 80s and I listened to alot of 90s rap
submitted by Stacks27
to 90sHipHop [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:04 spiderpacman Setting public urls for docker apps
Hi! I am relatively new to self-hosting and it's both exciting and terrifying.
I have a home server on which I run multiple apps like Jellyfin or Photoprism via Docker. I also own a public domain name let's call it "spiderpacman.cool" and managed to get a DNS service to redirect local.spiderpacman.cool to my IP.
Now, how can I access my apps via a "nice" URL like photoprism.local.spiderpacman.cool or local.spiderpacman.cool/photoprism?
I tried using NGINX but most of the tutorials really confused me and I could not figure out a good way. Do you have a good tutorial in hand or a good solution for it?
submitted by spiderpacman
to selfhosted [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:03 Independent_Gap_7765 How To Know When You’re Ready To Have A Child? (Early 20s)
I currently have the Nexplanon birth control implanted in my arm. However, it causes many problems with abnormal bleeding and makes me prove to infections like bacterial vaginosis, UTIs and yeast infections. My periods usually last up to 14-16 days twice a month, so I only have a week at most to where I’m not bleeding at all. I have made the decision (with husbands support) to remove the birth control for my health. I have heard so many horror stories about alternative forms of birth control such as the pill, “the patch” and the IUD, so I am hesitant to try something new. My husband and I have been married for over a year, but have been together for almost 8 years now. We have decent jobs along with decent insurance coverage. We own our own home, have the space for a child but have a lot of money outgoing. Plus, we own a lot of acreage along with a lot of animals. I have also been taking online classes in order to get a degree in hopes to find better paying career opportunities. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember, but how do I know if I am ready? Perhaps now isn’t the right time exactly, but how should I approach the situation? What steps should I take before hand?
submitted by Independent_Gap_7765
to amipregnant [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:03 Ok_Bullfrog_8491 Some Oddities in NoME – Celegorm and Caranthir, and Maedhros and Maglor
I came across two odd passages concerning the Sons of Fëanor in NoME that seem to contradict some fundamental elements of their characters and stories in the First Age.
Caranthir and Curufin in Nargothrond
In the chapter “The Founding of Nargothrond”, from 1969, it’s explicitly said that Caranthir and Curufin fled to Nargothrond after the Dagor Bragollach: “As when Curufin and Caranthir dwelt in the shelter of Nargothrond after the defeat of the Elves by Morgoth in the North.” (NoME, p. 304)
This is highly strange. The for nearly fifty years, it was Celegorm and Curufin who had been associated with Nargothrond, first as founders (cf HoME III, p. 65, with Christopher Tolkien’s commentary on p. 85–86). The element of Celegorm and Curufin in Nargothrond, with their usurpation of Finrod and capture of Lúthien, as well the story that Huan deserts Celegorm in favour of Lúthien, is a constant throughout Tolkien’s Legendarium writings: it’s in the Lay (cf HoME III, p. 216–217, 236–241), it’s in the Sketch (HoME IV, p. 23–27), it’s in the Quenta (HoME IV, p. 106, 109–110), it’s in the The Earliest Annals of Beleriand (HoME IV, p. 299–300), it’s in The Later Annals of Beleriand (HoME V, p. 132–133, 147), it’s in the Quenta (HoME V, p. 283), and it’s in The Grey Annals (HoME XI, p. 53–54, 62, 65–67).
And it has to be Celegorm in Nargothrond for the stories of Finrod’s quest with Beren and the capture of Lúthien to work: unmarried Celegorm (unlike Curufin and Caranthir, HoME XII, p. 318) who is such a powerful orator and persuasive personality, so much so that his skill as a speaker is compared to Fëanor’s – “Many wild and potent words he spoke,/and as before in Tûn awoke/his father’s voice their hearts to fire” (HoME III, p. 217) – the exact opposite of morose Caranthir who’s far more likely to explode in rage than to awake fire in the hearts of the people of Nargothrond with his speeches!
Maglor and the Eagles
In the chapter “Manwë’s Ban”, written in the last year of Tolkien’s life (NoME, p. 306), we are told this about the Eagles: “Their intervention in the story of Maelor, in the duel of Fingolfin and Melkor, in the rescue of Beren and Lúthien is well known.” (NoME, p. 308)
Of course the interventions of the Eagles in the stories of Fingolfin’s duel with Morgoth and the escape of Beren and Lúthien from Angband are well known.
But just what does “their intervention in the story of Maelor” refer to? Maglor (Maelor is a variant of Maglor, NoME, p. 309, fn. 6) is never associated with the Eagles in any other text that I’m aware of. But there is one Son of Fëanor who is closely associated with Thorondor: Maedhros.
The story of Fingon rescuing Maedhros from Thangorodrim with Thorondor’s help is very old, first appearing in the Sketch (HoME IV, p. 23), and a pivotal moment in the story of the Silmarillion: without Fingon’s rescue of Maedhros, the eldest Son of Fëanor and the only one with the authority to abdicate in favour of Fingolfin, the story of the Silmarillion would have been very different. The story of Fingon’s rescue of Maedhros – which I wrote in depth about recently – and the healing of the feud between the two hosts of the Noldor is as much of a constant as the story of Celegorm and Curufin in Nargothrond: it’s in the Sketch (HoME IV, p. 23), it’s in the Quenta (HoME IV, p. 102), it’s in the The Earliest Annals of Beleriand (HoME IV, p. 295), it’s in The Later Annals of Beleriand (HoME V, p. 126), it’s in the Quenta (HoME V, p. 251), and it’s in The Grey Annals (HoME XI, p. 31–32).
This story wouldn’t work if Fingon rescued Maglor: apart from it not being clear why Maglor, Fëanor’s second son, would be on Thangorodrim in the first place, Maglor being on Thangorodrim removes both of Fingon’s motivations for his daring rescue mission: his hope to heal the feud, which only works because he saved the one Son of Fëanor with the authority and strength of personality to actually do this, and their “ancient friendship” that “stung his heart” (The Silmarillion, p. 124).
I cannot decide which of the oddities is odder: Caranthir in Nargothrond of Maglor on Thangorodrim. What happened here? Are we to assume that in these texts, Celegorm and Maedhros somehow don’t exist, and that their roles in the story were taken by Caranthir and Maglor?
The Nature of Middle-earth, JRR Tolkien, ed Carl F Hostetter, HarperCollins 2021 (hardcover) [cited as: NoME].
The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkien, ed Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 1999 (softcover) [cited as: The Silmarillion]. The Lays of Beleriand, JRR Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 2015 (softcover) [cited as: HoME III].
The Shaping of Middle-earth, JRR Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 2015 (softcover) [cited as: HoME IV].
The Lost Road and Other Writings, JRR Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 2015 (softcover) [cited as: HoME V].
The War of the Jewels, JRR Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 2015 (softcover) [cited as: HoME XI].
The Peoples of Middle-earth, JRR Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien, HarperCollins 2015 (softcover) [cited as: HoME XII].
submitted by Ok_Bullfrog_8491
to tolkienfans [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:03 irlyliketvgirl sometimes I think im a boy
heyyy. im new to this reddit thing, I see people post these sort of things on here so I thought to make an account and give it a go. well, im a 16 yr old girl, junior in high school. for the most part ive always thought I was bisexual, and I still do. its all been confusing my whole life, and I think I might be figuring out why. recently, ive been just been questioning if I would be better as a boy. I think about it and it seems like I would like it so much. I wish I was taller and slimmer. I have bigger breasts and a lot of the time I wear sports bras to make myself look flatter. I wish I could date girls the way a boy would date a girl. I love listening to music by boys and pretending like im the boy singing the song, and I wear clothes that boys would wear sometimes.
The only thing stopping me from saying something to anyone is the fact that I don't hate being a girl, I actually enjoy it. if you look at my room, its all pink, Taylor swift posters, lights on the wall, photos of my friends. Its a girls room. I buy pretty bras and wear girl clothes too, however, im starting to think that I just like the attention I get from showing myself off. I have long nails too. I've been cutting my hair shorter and shorter every time I go to get it cut. Sometimes I think im just a girl who's a little boyish, a tom girl. But would a tom girl want her boobs off her body sometimes? Or want her body to be so different so she looks like a boy? I want my voice deeper, I want to be able to have abs like a boy.
Its all very strange to me. I never had dysphoria growing up. Maybe its something ill grow out of. Either way, im confused. Are any other teens going through this?
submitted by irlyliketvgirl
to u/irlyliketvgirl [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:03 expresso_petrolium What makes lords switch sides? This douche right here I just voted for a castle that we took and half a minute later man betrayed us, jumping to opposing force with 5 castles (while in our army too so dude got insta captured lol)
2023.03.30 20:03 KidRooch OCD over New Fencing
I recently moved into a new house. My OCD has been crippling and I’m close to losing my marriage over it.
The latest thing is a new fence we paid a lot of money for. Basically we made an error and got a 5 ft fence instead of a 4 ft fence. I think it looks terrible and feels like a prison. I hate it so much. I can’t stand looking at it. I perseverate on it for hours. I literally can’t stop.
I want to move or rip it out and lose thousands. It’s a huge problem for me. I feel so trapped literally & figuratively.
Meds aren’t helping and I don’t even want to go home.
submitted by KidRooch
to OCD [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:02 jellyfish528 Dealer trades
We recently decided to purchase a 2023 Subaru ascent onyx edition. Online the dealership has the onyx edition and the onxy limited. I emailed them before stopping in to see if they had both options, which they answered yes. I had done some research and couldn’t justify the $6000 price difference between the two vehicles to get the limited version. When I got there it was a mistake and they only had the limited in stock. We couldn’t come to an agreement with the price. The salesman agreed with me that it was a very slim difference in the two models. Basically sunshades, all weather mats, and navigation with out apply play being used. As I was ready to walk they happened to find the regular onyx edition in the exact color I wanted at another dealership who agreed to do a trade with them. I put down a refundable deposit and walked away happy. When I got home I realized I never asked if that changed the price or If there were fees to go along with this? Or how many miles this would add to my brand new car? Has anyone had this happen? I imagine it’s common with the shortage at the moment.
submitted by jellyfish528
to askcarsales [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:01 Henergy12 Looking to make some trades. Hit me up😎🤍🤞🏼
2023.03.30 20:01 CartographerNo8846 32 [M4F] #Atlanta - taking applications for a spring fling
What I'm looking for is someone who wants to give/receive good morning/good night texts. Someone who understands that life gets in the way as well. Someone between the ages of 18-50 who wants to get to know me and create that spark. You can be located anywhere, but near the state of Georgia is preferable as it means we may eventually be able to meet up...but I have done this with people as far out as Europe and it was a lot of fun there too. Hopefully you can carry on a conversation, about anything is good. I do enjoy most things marvel/disney, science, sports, history, pretty much most nerd culture really...and am always down to learn new things.
I'm a dad to 2 wonderful kids and they take up most of my time as it is currently, but staggered schedules with the wife means I am free to communicate for most of the day. I hate leaving people on read, won't ghost you, and will probably make you accidentally laugh out loud during the first week or two. I do enjoy being outdoors or indoors...I'm happy either way. I'm a hell of a cook, I just moved back down to the area recently as I was up north for a while. I am emotionally available as I tend to find that it's hard to not develop some sort of feeling doing all of this.
I do hope to hear from you, otherwise best of luck in your search and thanks for reading.
submitted by CartographerNo8846
to r4r [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:01 tokerfairy Spirituality Love And Conflictions
Ok so this is a whole vent.I’ve been struggling with my self for what seems like all my life. I keep it in until I explode. Always drawn to discovering my purpose and spirituality on a deeper level. I have always felt like i am not like those around me. I am realizing that I have a pattern. But I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to bedoing here.
My mum was a single teen.Childhood was not typical, traumatic abuse from a male family member. No positive male figures. Mum had multiple bfs around it was confusing. I didn’t really start to open up until 10th grade. Started making friends, having boyfriends, picking up interests. I had some less than perfect first experiences in HS. It wasn’t until about a year after I graduated that I met what would become my most impactful and longest relationship. It was 2010 I was spending my time working multiple jobs to get a car to go to college. I got a random message from C on FB. I had no idea who he was or how he knew me. After a few days of chatting. I met him for the first time. It wasn’t a typical first date. He picked me up and we went to the hot tub. Me a shy little girl just felt automatically comfortable with him. We went on to love each other for almost a decade. I learned the most from him had a-lot of transformational experiences, he took me out of my shell, he is 4 years older than me, and from a different culture, I began to learn his language, became apart of his family. He was very spiritual, I never met someone who saw me. He was strong and protected me. We viewed each other as royalty. He was the type of man who rather build something than play games. He lead me to a career that would provide me stability. It wasn’t just all the memories,it was how fiercely he loved me. He understood me without needing explanation. But like all the men I ever met he drank…usually after working. But even though I would partake it bothered me. Because of childhood trauma. I didn’t realize this then. So around year 4 , I grew tired of the arguments we would have during drinking. I wanted him to stop completely for me. I wanted him to solely focus on me. I was selfish. I took that experience and that confidence that he helped me find and I broke it off, which became a regular occurrence for the next 4 years. At first it was relief. I would get excited about dating someone new. This hurt C , during each break was a new fling , he stayed single, even while I was with someone else we stayed in contact, we still talked to each other as if we were still together, at times I even went to stay the night. We longed to be together even in the midst of all the conflicts. There was no boundaries to our love. It has been nearly 5 years now that I haven’t talked to C. The longest most painful. We had been close to reconciliation, but I was still messing around,I met someone new. Within 5 months from me last telling C i wanted to be with him forever, I instead got hitched to someone I barely knew. I feel now this was a physical attraction. entire time I have still felt Cs presence, I still feel him waiting for me to come home. But more recently I find myself feeling very pulled to him, longing to check in. I am sensing that their may be a health issues with his parent or grandparent. But idk if I should trust these feelings. These years I haven’t been with him have been hard. I am back in the shell. My H now has hurt me so much and I still keep trying. But is this my punishment? For my mistakes. H is hardworking for money but makes me feel like furniture. Our world is pretty empty. I can’t see past his lies. Randomly lately I find myself dancing and singing with excitement though nothing is exciting. Is it all C calling me back now or is it that I have realized the power we share and the knowing that nothing else could ever compare so any other relationship would be doomed. Why do I feel spiritually married to C. What do I do with all of this?
Details: OP: 31, F Virgo H: 31, M Aquarius C: 34, M ,Scorpio
submitted by tokerfairy
to spirituality [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:01 tennoskoooom My Coworker Ruined my First Game as DM (And Also Might Have Ruined D&D for Several Newbies)
Hey y'all, first time poster on here.
I've been watching a lot of RPG horror stories videos on my breaks at work and in my off time, and I felt like I had a good one to share about the most problematic player I've dealt with. I'm splitting this into two posts because there's a lot going on.
I'm not new to D&D (been playing for about 6 years now), but I am a relatively inexperienced DM. I've spent hours upon hours memorizing rules, coming up with cool encounters, etc, but I haven't gotten many chances to actually DM a game. For my very first campaign, I wanted to introduce 5 of my friends to 5e because that's what I'm the most familiar with. All 5 of them had either never played before or had played other RPGs but not D&D. I figured it would be good for me to run a newbie game being a new DM myself, so that I wouldn't have to deal with the added pressure to perform from experienced players with expectations of how the game was meant to be run. As a bit of a buffer, however, I asked my friend who has been running D&D 5e for years to join as somewhat of a half-player-half-NPC that could act as a guide for the players and help me pick up some of the slack.
So, I help all my players roll up characters and everything is going great so far. Session 0 planned for a few weeks out to give me some time to finalize my plans and give them an opportunity to ask me more questions before we start. Enter the problem player: my coworker / friend (we'll call him wizard) had been talking to me about D&D since we both love critical role. I mentioned that I was running my first game and he practically begged me to join. Keep in mind, I'm already running my FIRST EVER game with 6 players, but I'm terrible at saying no, so I caved and let him join. He was NOT a new player, which could be seen as a red flag that he wanted to join a newbie game, but at the time I thought it might be more helpful to have one other experienced player. Oh boy was I wrong.
Now, before we can even start on the game itself, I need to share how long it took for him to decide on a character. I had told him I was expecting it to be 2 sessions long start to finish, and that we would be level 10, since I wanted my players to have the option to really make a character that felt interesting and tailored to their idea of a fun PC. (Also I expected some of the newbies to have difficulty with HP if they were low level).
Wizard proposes all kinds of homebrew ideas for his character. First he wanted to be some kind of samurai with a sentient sword. Then, he wanted to be an undead mage.(some of you may already see a pattern of edgelord behavior here). Let it be known that I was willing to help him find a way to play these characters that was balanced, but he didn't like my changes and would come up with a whole new idea every time I tried to tweak it to be less O.P. (more on this later, it extends beyond this game). He finally settled on a school of necromancy wizard.
The first session rolls around, and after explaining how to use the system (we played on roll20) to my new players, I started them off at an adventurers guild where they were applying to be new members. Wizard requested to introduce his character last, and I agreed, having the other players describe how they enter the guild hall. Finally, it's his turn, and he describes a zombie flying through the door, followed by a drow wizard who is loudly berating his mindless zombie slave for being "clumsy". I was slightly dumbfounded, but allowed him to continue. He then proceeded to immediately roll investigation checks on random things in the room, like the rug for example, and when I tell him that he just finds dust and maybe a copper piece, he finally approaches the NPC who takes his name and tells him to have a seat. He instead goes over to the rogue, and without actually knowing anything in character about this guy, he tries to persuade him to pick the lock on one of the doors inside the guild hall.
I would have called him out for metagaming (which I briefly did), but instead I wanted to take the opportunity to teach the rogue player about lock-picking and thought it might be a decent introduction to skill checks for all the other players. At this point, i have the rogue roll stealth against the NPC's perception, and he fails. "What exactly are you doing there?" She asks, and before the rogue even gets to reply, wizard interrupts and begins to tell some strange rambling tale about his zombie companion. The NPC eventually gets tired of this and calls "SECURITY!", and my experienced friend (playing a moose-themed minotaur barbarian) enters the room. I don't remember all the details of the conversation from there, but it boiled down to "stop this or I'm kicking you out of the guild hall" and the wizard reluctantly agreed to cool it.
Fast forward a bit, and I've given the party their quest; to find and kill a monster that's made a lair in a local mineshaft and has killed several of the miners. They had a lead on information, the name of the miner who had reported it to the guild, who lived just outside of town.
Wizard is basically railroading the party, not letting anyone else roll or choose anything for themselves, and I can tell my other friends are getting confused about why their characters don't get to weigh in. When they get to the home of the miner, they find him in hysterics, attempting to persuade his wife that he isn't lying about the monster. Wizard attempts to roll to get the miner to give him information, I don't recall the roll but I straight up told him that he should let someone else talk to the miner. He agrees, and our bard calms down the miner and asks him some questions, gaining information about the location of the creature's lair and discovering that the monster has many eyes and a huge toothy maw.
Now, I was purposefully trying to not name the monster, but instead drop hints as to what it was. Of course, wizard immediately yells "IT'S A BEHOLDER!" to which I ask him to roll me a history check to see if his character actually even knows what a beholder is. He rolls really well and I let it slide, but I asked him not to metagame so much. At this point, our rogue hasn't said much since leaving the guild hall, and our warlock was dead silent. The barbarian tried to guide the party in a constructive way, but the wizard was just too eager to move along.
Now, I'd like to note that our rogue had a passive perception of 20, and the wizard had nowhere near as high, but he insisted on rolling perception checks to "scout for any bandits" along the road. I asked Rogue to roll and he rolled high, to which I told him there were no bandits and that they could continue moving. Despite this, Wizard stopped every few minutes to roll perception, each time neglecting that Rogue had at LEAST +5 higher than him on perception. I don't like encouraging metagaming, but I also like it when players try to share in the responsibilities of things like perception rolls, especially when another player's character may be much better suited for that task due to background/character choices. Rogue was much better suited as a scout, and it would have made much more sense for the party to let him lead, but Wizard was in full spotlight hog mode.
There wasn't much that happened after this during the session, and our bard had to leave early so we ended up having the party set up camp and taking a long rest to end the session. A couple of my players did mention to me afterwards that they felt like they couldn't do much of anything since Wizard kept taking control, and I told them that I'd try to prevent that from happening next session, which never ended up happening, because too many of the players ended up having IRL reasons they couldn't show up, and I just canned the game after about a month of trying for session 2.
This story is very long, and so I'm going to take this opportunity to take a bit of a short rest (ba dum tss) and pick up in another post. Thanks for reading!
submitted by tennoskoooom
to rpghorrorstories [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:00 Spuddykinz What's the longest distance you went to find a certain biome? *Modded*
Currently playing on modded minecraft (medieval 1.19) and even using a nature compass, it couldn't even look for a taiga biome... my spawn point was in a dark oak forest/swampy biome near some jungles. Took me nearly 13,000 blocks going in certain directions to find it. Reason? Had to find spruce.. imagine that. No chests I explored in any dungeons or mineshafts or any structures had anything spruce related lol. Once I found that one single spruce tree appeared, it was history. I farmed every spruce sapling out of frustration. No waystones, or any ways to get back to my home area besides walking/boating again. With that being said, how far have you had to travel for a specific biome or anything important for that matter?
submitted by Spuddykinz
to Minecraft [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 20:00 uhhareem advice on moving/education.
hey guys, a little bit of background. i was born ans raised in the uk so ive been preparing for gcses and following the uk's curriculum all my life until my parents wanted to move so we moved to our home country, pakistan. this was an extremely hard move and i was downright depressed since i was literally an outcast for ages, but then i just decided to suck it up since there wasnt much i could do. i learnt the language here, which was extremely difficult as ive only ever talked in english, and had to adjust into a completely different environment, school, friend group, and on top of that, a new education system. now not to sound like a nerd or anything, but i had always been the topper of my classes in the uk, every single class, i never got below 90%. and coming here, switching to a whole new education system, known as olevels, a 3 year course for ages 13-17, the equivalent of gcses/igcses. i was really disturbed. although the course here and in the uk is almost pretty much the same, the kids here are so damn serious about studies, and learnt shit i havent even heard of in 7th grade. alot of that is probably to do with my huge learning gap during covid. our school was shut for almost a year. it took me a long time to finally catch up to my classmates, that included 5 tuitions a day for maths, sciences, etc. im currently nearing the end of my 2nd year of olevels, and after the summer holidays my last year begins. im now very settled in pakistan, i have my friends and family all around me, and im doing well in studies. i have my actual olevel exams in less than a month, and now my parents have decided to move AGAIN after the summer holidays to saudi arabia. now im extremely annoyed because i dont even get to finish my olevels here, when im more than halfway through. itll be more than a hassle to take half of my exams here and then switch to a new system in saudia arabia to take the other half. (basically, in olevels, the first year is for studying, second year, the one im in, is the first round of exams, and third year, my next one, is the final round of exams). ive already switched from uk's gcse to pakistan's olevels, and mind you that was not easy. im glad ive gotten the hang of it. now my parents want me to leave halfway through olevel exams and move to saudia arabia, and begin igcses. forget my dads side of the family, theyre a bunch of assholes and dont give a shit what we do, but my moms side is also unhappy with my parents decision as they have wanted us to move for 15 years to pakistan, and once we finally do, my parents want to leave. me and my siblings are hella pissed cause we just settled in. im also so stressed about my exams. my parents are saying if i have that much of a problem, i can stay here with my grandma and aunt and finish my education, but knowing them i know theyd hold a grudge against me for the rest of my life. plus, my siblings are young, and i dont think id be okay without my parents. please help :((
submitted by uhhareem
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:59 MiraCAKEcake Bridal Shower Conundrum
I could use some advice for my bridal shower.
Some background, I have been married before and had a bachelorette but didn't have a bridal shower then which wasn't a big deal to me. My aunt had offered to host one but ultimately we decided not to and she put that money towards our gift.
I am now getting married again. I have 3 future SILs who are planning my bachelorette and one had mentioned planning a bridal shower as well the Sunday before my wedding when my sister and fiance's cousin will be in town.
When I was sending contact details for the bachelorette and bridal shower, I mentioned my mom had offered their home as a location for the bridal shower as it is large, gorgeous and has a water view.
Recently my FSIL mentioned that since the bridal shower is going to be at my parents (this is from my comment, not actually planned with my mom), it would make more sense for my mom and sister to host and plan it and that she might message my mom soon about that.
Here's my conundrum: I don't know how to respond to my FSIL. My mom wouldn't normally have thrown me a bridal shower and I wasn't originally expecting to have one, they just aren't a thing for my immediate family. I was thrilled when my FSIL mentioned it but I'm ok with it not happening too. I don't really know that my mom would plan one or want to plan one. Also my sister is flying in from New Zealand the DAY before the bridal shower (with 2 toddlers) and it was one thing to ask her to show up to the shower but it feels like a lot to actually help plan/host it.
Should I just let my FSIL talk to my mom and figure things out? Or should I mention I'm ok not having one and I'm not really sure if my mom would bother hosting it? I don't want to guilt trip my FSILs into hosting it if they don't want to but it really might not happen if they don't. Which, again, is fine, although I was looking forward to it.
submitted by MiraCAKEcake
to Weddingsunder10k [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:59 deadgrandma2023 i can’t wait for my grandma to die.
this is gonna be a long one. i am 19f and my grandma is 77f.
my grandma has a reputation of lying, attention seeking, and manipulation. she over exaggerates things to the max whenever possible. which is why that last year, when she was in the hospital for chest pains, i had doubts that anything was actually wrong. she had just moved in with my dad after being evicted from her house. turns out, she had a tear in her aorta and had emergency open heart surgery.
she miraculously survived, but her health has been a constant downward spiral since. i moved back in with my dad about 7 months after her surgery. the agreement was that i could live there rent free as long as i helped her when needed and helped around the house. i have held my promise for nearly a year, but i’m starting to crack.
at first, living with her was great. she was like the mother i never had, and respected and supported every boundary and way of living i had. i’ve always done the same with her with a few exceptions, but nothing major.
around a month after i moved in, she started to show her true colors. she began to lie to my dad saying that i never help her, and i just lock myself in my room with my boyfriend all day. whenever she asks for help, i drop everything i’m doing no matter how important. she then berated me in front of my father when i called her out for lying, and told me that my boyfriend was going to leave me and i deserved it. she half assed an apology when my father took my side and told her she was out of line.
i’m not in contact with my mother or my sister. i made it clear to my grandma that i don’t want them knowing anything about my life, because they both treated me like shit. she proceeded to tell my sister details about my life on several occasions, and would cuss me out when i begged her to stop. the last time she did this, i refused to talk to her for two weeks, and she feigned a a major health decline and ended up in the hospital for 3 weeks to try to get the attention back on her.
as i said before, her health has been declining rapidly. this is solely because she refused to listen to her doctors when given specific instructions, such as to rest as much as possible and a strict diet for her diabetes. she didn’t listen, and ended up with acute stage 4 kidney failure, and congestive heart failure. her heart is only working at 15% capacity right now. all because she can’t sit down and rest, and not eat sweets 24/7. she steals my food, and buys a totally different product to “make up for it”. i started having to stash my non refrigerated foods in my bedroom.
she hates my boyfriend. one time, my dad had left a water bottle with pure vodka in it sitting on the counter by mistake. my grandma found it, and took a sip thinking it was her water (ew, who drinks from random water bottles without being 100% sure it’s yours?) and came banging on my door screaming at my boyfriend. i had to call my dad to tell him what was going on and he chewed her out for assuming that my boyfriend was the culprit. she swore up and down that she witnessed him pouring the vodka into the water bottle. she has cussed him out and told him to kill himself after he had asked her to not let our cat eat her cereal.
she’s been given a prognosis to be dead by june 2023. her doctor explicitly stated that we cannot tell her, because the stress would make it worse. so we’ve resorted to allowing her to do whatever she wants, because there’s no going back now. she refused to listen to her life or death instructions, and is now going to die before my birthday. she won’t get to see me graduate college. she won’t get to see me get married. i resent her for leaving us with this grief all because she couldn’t handle not having sweets and being on her feet all day everyday.
her mind is starting to go, as well with her bowels and bladder. she is a walking biohazard, and leaves her adult diapers sitting in the bath tub until i snap and beg her to get rid of it. she once left a vomit soaked rag in the bathtub overnight, even though she knows i have emetophobia and can’t touch that shit. she leaves massive shit stains on the toilet seat, and i have to clean them. she shit on the kitchen floor once without realizing, and i fucking stepped in it. i sobbed to my dad. i deep cleaned our bathroom today, and found out that she threw away one of the bathroom rugs because she shit all over it. i had to scrub shit stains off of the inside of the toilet seat.
she has an old shitzu. she talks to this dog like it’s her son. she spoils him so bad that he refuses to eat dog food, he will only eat human food or cat food. he is obese and has cataracts. he jumps on our legs at the table because she refuses to not feed him scraps while we’re eating. he has long sharp claws that she won’t cut. he eats my cat’s dry food and throws it up all over the carpet.
she left the front door open when she took her dog out to pee, and my cat escaped. she let my cat escape, and shut the door on her. my cat never came home. i think she’s dead.
she harasses my dad through text while he’s at work. some nights, he stays late for some extra money. she spam texts and calls him asking when he’ll be home. he’s in his mid forties, he’s not fifteen.
she once told me to fuck off and “get out of my house” one of the times i called her out for telling my sister about my life. my dad owns this house. bought it with his own money 24 years ago, and pays the mortgage on her own.
she has hospice nurses that come make sure she is doing okay. a nurse came to help her bathe, and she refused the nurse. she left a massive ass print on the toilet seat from the shit caked on her ass. she fakes coughing and breathing episodes when she wants attention.
she blames all of her wrongdoings on her childhood. how her trauma makes her treat us like garbage. i always felt bad for her, but i think she’s always been the problem.
i fucking hate my grandma. she has made my life a living hell with her hostility and ignorance with her own health. she let my beloved cat escape, and i just know she’s dead. she’s gotten out before, and she always stayed close and came back in. i have to clean up her disgusting biohazards in the bathroom. i have to live knowing that she’s going to die at any moment, and i’ll probably be the one to find her. i’m so exhausted and angry at these circumstances. i just want her to die already so i can finally have peace.
TL;DR my grandma is a hostile narcissist and has made our lives a total nightmare.
submitted by deadgrandma2023
to TrueOffMyChest [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:59 TadpoleNo3498 Where to Watch A Thousand and One Online For Free?
Here Option’s to Downloading or watching A Thousand and One streaming the full movie online for free. Do you like movies? If so, then you’ll love New Romance Movie: A Thousand and One. This movie is one of the best in its genre. A Thousand and One will be available to watch online on Netflix's very soon!
➤ ► 🌍📺📱👉 Stream and Watch Online
➤ ► 🌍📺📱👉 Stream and Watch Online Download
Now Is A Thousand and One available to stream? Is watching A Thousand and One on Disney Plus, HBO Max, Netflix, or Amazon Prime? Yes, we have found an authentic streaming option/service. A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company could be hiding disturbing secrets.
Showcase Cinema Warwick you'll want to make sure you're one of the first people to see it! So mark your calendars and get ready for a A Thousand and One movie experience like never before. of our other Marvel movies available to watch online. We're sure you'll find something to your liking. Thanks for reading, and we'll see you soon! A Thousand and One is available on our website for free streaming. Details on how you can watch A Thousand and One for free throughout the year are described
If you're a fan of the comics, you won't want to miss this one! The storyline follows A Thousand and One as he tries to find his way home after being stranded on an alien A Thousand and Onet. A Thousand and One is definitely a A Thousand and One movie you don't want to miss with stunning visuals and an action-packed plot! Plus, A Thousand and One online streaming is available on our website. A Thousand and One online is free, which includes streaming options such as 123movies, Reddit, or TV shows from HBO Max or Netflix!
A Thousand and One Release in the US
A Thousand and One hits theaters on January 20, 2023. Tickets to see the film at your local movie theater are available online here. The film is being released in a wide release so you can watch it in person.
How to Watch A Thousand and One for Free?release on a platform that offers a free trial. Our readers to always pay for the content they wish to consume online and refrain from using illegal means.
Where to Watch A Thousand and One?
There are currently no platforms that have the rights to Watch A Thousand and One Movie Online.MAPPA has decided to air the movie only in theaters because it has been a huge success.The studio , on the other hand, does not wish to divert revenue Streaming the movie would only slash the profits, not increase them.
As a result, no streaming services are authorized to offer A Thousand and One Movie for free. The film would, however, very definitely be acquired by services like Funimation , Netflix, and Crunchyroll. As a last consideration, which of these outlets will likely distribute the film worldwide?
Is A Thousand and One on Netflix?
The streaming giant has a massive catalog of television shows and movies, but it does not include 'A Thousand and One.' We recommend our readers watch other dark fantasy films like 'The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.'
Is A Thousand and One on Crunchyroll?
Crunchyroll, along with Funimation, has acquired the rights to the film and will be responsible for its distribution in North America.Therefore, we recommend our readers to look for the movie on the streamer in the coming months. subscribers can also watch dark fantasy shows like 'Jujutsu Kaisen.'
Is A Thousand and One on Hulu?
No, 'A Thousand and One' is unavailable on Hulu. People who have a subscription to the platform can enjoy 'Afro Samurai Resurrection' or 'Ninja Scroll.'
Is A Thousand and One on Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime's current catalog does not include 'A Thousand and One.' However, the film may eventually release on the platform as video-on-demand in the coming months.fantasy movies on Amazon Prime's official website. Viewers who are looking for something similar can watch the original show 'Dororo.'
When Will A Thousand and One Be on Disney+?
A Thousand and One, the latest installment in the A Thousand and One franchise, is coming to Disney+ on July 8th! This new movie promises to be just as exciting as the previous ones, with plenty of action and adventure to keep viewers entertained. you're looking forward to watching it, you may be wondering when it will be available for your Disney+ subscription. Here's an answer to that question!
Is A Thousand and One on Funimation?
Crunchyroll, its official website may include the movie in its catalog in the near future. Meanwhile, people who wish to watch something similar can stream 'Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Movie: Mugen Train.'
A Thousand and One Online In The US?
Most Viewed, Most Favorite, Top Rating, Top IMDb movies online. Here we can download and watch 123movies movies offline. 123Movies website is the best alternative to A Thousand and One's (2021) free online. We will recommend 123Movies as the best Solarmovie alternative There are a
few ways to watch A Thousand and One online in the US You can use a streaming service such as Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video. You can also rent or buy the movie on iTunes or Google Play. watch it on-demand or on a streaming app available on your TV or streaming device if you have cable.
What is A Thousand and One About?
It features an ensemble cast that includes Florence Pugh, Harry Styles, Wilde, Gemma Chan, KiKi Layne, Nick Kroll, and Chris Pine. In the film, a young wife living in a 2250s company town begins to believe there is a sinister secret being kept from her by the man who runs it. InshaAllah
submitted by TadpoleNo3498
to AThousandandOnefree [link] [comments]