Philippino food near me
2021.10.11 18:17 fastfoodnearme foodnearme
food near me 6ixotics https://6ixotics.com
2010.03.14 05:35 ricewine slice, dice and combine it with rice!
Welcome to our rice-centric subreddit, where rice is always nice! From sushi to pilaf, we've got it all covered. Share your favorite rice dishes, ask for cooking advice, or simply chat with fellow rice lovers. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice home cook, our community is the perfect place to rice up your life. (Generated by ChatGPT)
2012.04.27 02:28 EnoughLibertarianSpam: Aleppo Information Station
No brigading. View the "Critiques of Libertarianism" page here: http://critiques.us/index.php?title=Critiques_Of_Libertarianism Sick of all the conspiracy theories, racism, anti-Semitism and general douchebaggery of libertarians? You are not alone! Award for most Liberty AND Freedom out of Any Political Subreddit on Reddit- Ron Paul Bravery Award 2013
2023.03.30 19:00 Shadow_side1872 Targeted Individuals
Been waiting 2 months to post this...
Ive recently discovered that i may be an Enemy of the State. Let me explain.
Ive always been a critical thinker, 9/11 happened to fall on my first day of high school, and i quickly realized that what i was watching and what i was being told were not the same thing at all...
Interestingly enough, right around the same time, i was starting to come to the realization that the family that adopted me at birth, was not your typical family, and a lot of the most respected and loved family mebers happened to be privileged, wealthy, and a lot had government, military, and security jobs. I knew that was never gonna be me, and would always call out the bullshit they were supporting (war in iraq, war in afghanistan)
For the next 20 yrs, i passionately researched the truth, and posted my findings online, from the early days of Myspace, to FB, to IG. The more i became socially conscious, the more i noticed certain family members start to mistreat me and talk shit about me to other family members, to manipulate their opinion of me...
My friends were pretty solid and didnt treat me like a pariyah til recently, when their screens told them to, but back around 2012 or so, the worst i would get is people who would ask why i waste my time with conspiracy theories. To which i would reply, maybe prophetically lol, "if they ever try this shit again, ill see it coming a mile away"...
Which i did. I connected Kissingers "whats for lunch?" Speech, with Gates' parents' involvement inintelligence, eugenics and PP, and followed the vax tech, and who was funding it, and it wasnt hard after Agenda 2030 and Event 201 to see what was coming...
So when all the madness of 2020 started, i hopped back online, to FB of all places, since most of my family and loved ones are on there, and started warning people of the vaccine agenda and how it was never gonna be just "2 weeks". Of course i was censored and shadowbanned to hell, and my loved ones just called me a racist conspiracy theorist rightwinger (even though ive never fallen for the polotical theatre, and expose both wings as the same evil corrupt bird) and, most notably, the lockdowns shut down my job...
Once i became jobless, a certain family member, who ive always known worked for a huge govt contractor, all of a sudden took interest in me and what i had to say...
i blabbed about the race war tptb were setting up, the tech they have that was designed 30 yrs before being released to us, once theyve figured out how to weopanize it against us (cell phones, cpus, social media, apps etc) and how the people had it right during The Occupy Movement, which is when/why the coorporations started pushing this divisive "woke" messaging...
He begins to open up to me about what he really did for work. How he was one of the people who worked in black sites, that they would never acknowledge to the public, until they had served their purpose and were demo'D, how he was on a team that invented the F15 Raptor... and how in his later yrs, was an Electronic Specialist for Lockheed.
Knowing i would research everything he said.
I did, and immediately realized he left out a word in his official title. When i looked up "Lockheed Electronic Specialist", i damn near had a panic attack. There was no Electronic Specialist. But there was an Electronic PUNISHMENT Specialist!!!
So i dug. And found the book, Targeted Justice, that explained Gangstalking, and detailed the lengthy measures used to punish POLITICAL DISSIDENTS.
I quickly, and sadly, put all the pieces of my life together. The people i loved and trusted the most, hurt me in the worst ways (programmers)
In my emotional state, and pushed on by my partner to expose them as the monsters they are, i posted a lengthy FB post, exposing this persons identity and his involvement with a certain 3 letter agency. Which... i know you cant do.
The months that have followed, my phones, email and social media accounts were hacked multiple times,, my car was broken into twice, i was followed and chased on the road, surveilled at my own home, by "neighbors"... all which died down once i lost my mind, almost checked outta here early, and was finally told "when you stop, it stops".
Now that im not talking to others about it, the harrassment has stopped, but ive found that theres a whole website dedicated to this exact thing, and even support groups.
Came here, to see if any of you have been going through the same thing, to maybe find support or community.
Ive also seen, from my 2 months of lurking before i was allowed to post, that this place is infested with disingenuous bots/trolls/shills, so if this post truly resonates with you and youd like to talk more, send me a DM
Thank you to anybody who took the time to read this, and im an open book if anyone has any legit, non-troll, questions
submitted by Shadow_side1872
to conspiracy [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:00 asianaaronx Looking for manual transmission tow vehicles
I'm potentially changing jobs in the near future and would no longer need a pickup. I prefer SUVs and cars for daily driving but I'd be open to another gas pickup.
Looking for something in the $0k-25k range, can tow over 5000lbs (ideally 7k), has a manual transmission, and can fit in a standard sized garage.
So far I'm looking at the Porsche Cayenne, BMW X5 and Nissan Xterra. These would all be of 2000s- mid 2010s vintage.
Unfortunately all these vehicles are as rare as you can get. And, I'd be worried about the Cayenne and X5 being unreliable enough to bankrupt me. Therefore I pose the question to this sub to see if I'm missing any potential vehicles!
submitted by asianaaronx
to whatcarshouldIbuy [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:00 Mizzno [H] Games [W] A Hat in Time, CODE VEIN, Mega Man 11, Tower Unite, Offers
For sale, for Steam gift cards (or gifted Steam Wallet balance):
*tentatively up for trade, assuming I buy the bundle
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends: 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket 100 Gold 100 Souls
- ESO Vanity Pet: Bristlegut Piglet and 15 Days of ESO Plus
- 5D Chess With Multiverse Time Travel
- A Hat in Time
- Avernum: Escape from the Pit
- Bendy and the Ink Machine
- CODE VEIN
- Dead Rising 4
- Mega Man 11
- Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
- NECROPOLIS: BRUTAL EDITION
- Omensight: Definitive Edition
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
- Tower Unite
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
IGS Rep Page: https://www.reddit.com/IGSRep/comments/ti26nz/mizznos_igs_rep_page/
submitted by Mizzno
to indiegameswap [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 19:00 drinkathot How do I educate a loved one about nutrition without sounding disordered?
Idk if I’m paranoid of promoting ED behaviour and idk if this is the right forum to ask, but…
For context, my mom has been struggling with her weight and kind of binge eating (I wouldn’t say it’s full blown disorder, but definitely disordered). She’s started to ask me about nutrition recently since she thinks I’m done with my “ED phase”.
I on the other hand struggle with restrictive/orthorexic behaviours. All the nutrition I’ve learned is from 7 years of disordered eating. I’m well read enough that I know I can inform people on nutrition without coming off as malicious or disordered (not that I do this often, i’m very quiet around food related topics if they aren’t about cooking science lol). I’m recovered now and usually focus on just listening to my body and eating well balanced meals, but mentally it’s still a struggle.
I’m absolutely paranoid that introducing the concept of calories to my mom will ruin her the way it did me. I envy her food freedom, yaknow? But I also understand that her weight and eating habits is causing issues, and she wants my help.
How do I go about informing her about nutrition? Or rather, how do I stop feeling guilty about teaching her general nutrition? Should I bring up calories?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated <33
submitted by drinkathot
to EDAnonymous [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:59 ClickWaiter Seeking feedback on our 11-day trip in May
Hello! I am planning a first trip to Italy for an anniversary this May. I have found great info on this site and others, but still hoping for some feedback on specific questions below. Food is my top priority so Bologna seemed like a good base for the first half, while my husband is most interested in ancient history, so Pompeii, Herculaneum, Rome are his must-dos.
Here is our itinerary:
Bologna: 4 nights:
- Day 1 (Sat): Arrive BLQ at noon, check in to hotel, walk around, dinner, crash
- Day 2 (Sun): Day trip to Florence (Question 1: Are we okay buying these train tickets to Florence and Modena on day 4 that morning? Any reason we need to to book these in advance like we are for our Day 5 train to Naples?)
- Day 3 (Mon): stay in Bologna, walk around, eat
- Day 4 (Tue): Day trip to Modena, Parma
Sorrento: 3 nights
- Day 5 (Wed): Check out, travel to Sorrento via fast train to Naples (booked in advance), check into hotel (Question 2: On some sites I've seen recommendations to avoid the Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sorrento, but I can't really understand why anyone would choose an expensive car transfer over this cheaper train. If we take normal precautions against pickpocketers as we would in any city or crowded area, is there any reason we should avoid this train?)
- Day 6 (Thu): him to Pompeii, me to Amalfi coast (Question 3: Do I need to book ferries to Amalfi coast or Capri in advance or is walking up and buying that morning okay?)
- Day 7: (Fri): Day trip to Capri, or Herculaneum (still deciding how best to fit in Herculaneum)
Rome: 4 nights
Question 5: I've done a ton of research on restaurants and think I'm set on meals, but can anyone recommend good places for aperitivo in any of these locations, somewhere with outdoor seating (weather permitting) to enjoy good cocktails and great views or people watching?
- Day 8: (Sat): Check out, train to Naples then fast train (booked in advance) from Naples to Rome (Question 4: If we wanted to stop in Naples a few hours for lunch on the way from Sorrento to Rome, is that easily doable? Are there lockers at the train station where we could store luggage?)
- Day 9: (Sun): Rome
- Day 10: (Mon): Rome
- Day 11: (Tues): Rome
- Day 12: (Wed): Fly home from FCO
I'm picking meals based on food alone, so hoped to use aperitivo to just enjoy the atmosphere.
I really appreciate any help with these questions or feedback overall. Thanks so much!
submitted by ClickWaiter
to ItalyTravel [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:58 need-more-atmosphere Narcissistic Brother is getting married. Do I go to the ceremony as a Catholic?
My older brother is a textbook narcissist, and has been his whole life. Within the past year, he started dating a girl who is Christian, but not Catholic like our family (which is fine), and got engaged to her only after about 4 months of dating. Their whole relationship has been a huge problem, mostly because of the fact that they feed off of each other with drama and other just mean spirited actions. She personally has started issues between myself and all of my family members, said horrible things about us all regarding intimate parts of our lives, and has made up lies to try and get each of us in our family to turn against each other. She has also explicitly told my siblings and my older brother that she does not like ME because she believes that I am a religious freak who thinks I'm better than everyone else (and after honest reflection and speaking with a close friend I can say that I have always tried my hardest not to be that person). When called out on these, she immediately began to say that we were all targeting her and that she isn't a bad person, she just likes to talk.
My brother has been someone who does the same things. His whole life, he has said and done things that, looking back, are narcissistic in their nature, where he says the meanest things he can say in the moment just to hurt the other person and half apologizing later on just so that he can continue to get what he wants. This is not me assuming the person he is, he has done this to family members as well as friends who have all said the same thing.
This all came to a head a few days before Christmas in 2022. He and his fiance got into a heated argument with my parents as they were telling them that my brother and her's actions were unacceptable, as in the previous weeks they had been still saying and doing even worse mean things to us all and they wanted it to stop (don't want to name them, as this post would be way too long). This was the first time that they had truly been called out for their actions, and it was not pretty. My brother essentially made fun of the fact that in previous years, my dad had gotten a diagnosis that he could die (he beat the diagnosis and is doing amazing now by the Grace of God), as well as my mother who was extremely depressed because of some familial trauma that she sustained while she was a child with assault. After this argument happened, they stormed out of my parents house, and we really haven't heard from them since.
The communications between him and us all have been minimal. He unfollowed myself and my other siblings on all social media platforms, and stopped sharing his location with us all. The only time he ever really calls my parents is when he needs money, as he is in graduate school out of state and always spends his monthly student loan money on fast food and stuff he doesn't need. Other forms of communication he has had include insulting me and my other siblings saying that he is better than us and than we're all jealous of him, and insulting both of my parents for random things.
A few weeks ago, he actually called my mom and talked to her about he and his fiance's wedding, and he told her that they just wanted themselves to be there because they wanted a destination wedding that was not blessed or performed by a Priest. He said that he isn't closed to the idea of having us all come to the wedding, but most likely it will just be the two of them with the exception of some of her family and maybe his fraternity brothers from college.
If he invites us to the wedding, am I obligated as his brother to attend? My presumption is that I am not, because it seems like that door is closed for me, but I am open to other ideas in the event that he actually does invite me. I have forgiven them for what they've said and done to us all (it took me a long time and lots of prayer to do so, but I have done with through the Grace of God), but I do not feel like I need to attend a ceremony that celebrates a marriage that I do not agree with. I would do the same with a wedding that celebrates sin, or a wedding of someone who is marrying a physical abuser.
(This whole situation is worsened to me by the fact that he is my Confirmation Sponsor :/ )
TLDR: My narcissistic brother is marrying his non-Catholic fiance and may or may not invite me to their wedding. Do I have an obligation to attend?
submitted by need-more-atmosphere
to Catholicism [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:57 Wade_Williams Friends in Low Places
In New York City, a few blocks from the Daily Bugle, a man climbs onto a makeshift stage and takes his possession behind a podium. The man is well dressed in a black suit with an armband on his upper-right arm it has the visage of an eagle with the letters 'FoH' inside of it. Anyone vaguely aware of mutant politics knows it as the emblem of the 'Friends of Humanity' an Anti-mutant hate group. The man is their leader, Donald Pierce. Behind him is a massive wooden 'X' it smells of combustibles, though Wolverine is probably the only man that could pick that smell out over all the sweaty supporters gathered. Among them are some who seem to be in a loose uniform, green suit jackets and tan slacks. All with arm bands matching Pierce's. There's a formation of them in front of the stage, and a couple on the stage as well as around the event. All are armed. Pierce holds his hands high and motions for the crowd to quiet down, it takes a moment but they do.
"Welcome Friends of Humanity, and thank you for coming. Too long have we suffered the mutant menace, too long have we seen them infiltrate our society and subvert our culture with their mutie ideals. Now there's millions more poping up everywhere, and you know what? They're gonna need work. How can a good honest construction worker expect to compete against a genefreak who can bend steel with its bare hands? And that's the least egregious example. They aren't gonna send their best into our neighborhoods, no sir. They'll be criminals, and what can our fine police officers..."
Pierce pauses a moment to gesture to the police lines up nearly. Ostensibly to keep the peace, but more than a few nod and smile along with Pierce.
"...do against a mutant made of steel who can throw their squadcar to New Jersey? Nothing! None of us can. I have certainly tried, and this is what I got for my troubles!"
Pierce rips a black glove off his right hand and thrusts it into the air. The cybernetic limb gleams in the sunlight.
"One, just one of those filthy beasts took my arms and legs and left me to die! So again I tell you, we cannot hope to stand alone, we must stand behind president Kelly and not be deceived by the mutie-lover Jameson!"
The raised mechanical hand curls into a fist and he pumps it into the air. He turns to the X hand holds out his hand palm out. A jet of flame shoots out and ignites the emblem. As it burns he shouts for the group to march with him. Where is unclear, but by this point they're whipped into a frenzy and there's no telling what they could do.
What is your character doing? Observing? Counterprotesting? Perhaps looking to stop the mob by any means necessary?
submitted by Wade_Williams
to XMenRP [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:57 Waiting4MidMoon Sweet Dreams Everyone
Aha...Hello there, fellow redditor...
Your mind is now rapidly transferring through space and time via the Internet. Invisible elements of your mind are smashing and breaking and forming back together in the air above you, catapulting at an explosive rate towards my server.
I'll be able to take control of your mind soon. Don't worry, I won't make you do anything. I'm just here for one thing.
Now, don't panic, you won't feel a thing. Absolutely no pain whatsoever. You won't even know this is happening, but, I do need to get you into a hypnotic state whilst I dig around in your mind and do what I need to do.
Everyone, everywhere, will enter into some sort of hypnotic state on a daily basis. Completely immersed and absorbed in an activity and losing track of time. It happens when you drive, when you watch movies, and, when you read.
Can you hear that inner voice as you're reading along? This is the part I'll be accessing your mind through. This is my gateway.
The hypnosis wont take forever, just as long as your mind is relaxed and is in a nice steady flow of absorbing all this text. Just allow your eyes to lazily scan across the screen...the screen that might be either too bright or too dim right now, making your eyes all that more tired and heavy, and all that more susceptible. I need you to keep reading though, and be aware of your breathing. Nice and slow...in...and out...
Keep reading, keep your eyes going, auto pilot is starting to take over. Can you feel it? Things are starting to blur around the edges of your screen now, yes? If you answered yes, then you're nearly in the hypnotic state I need you in. If not, just keep reading, you soon will be.
I'd prefer it if you didn't blink, but that may be hard, so blink if you need to. I bet you just blinked. Good, that just means it's working and that I'm nearly in. Stay with me now and stay relaxed. Blink. There we go. You're now ready for me to enter your mind::
Ahh...Uh-huh...Yep, the normal fears I see...Spiders...Clowns...Zombies...Demon Dolls...Inescapable shrinking rooms...No friends...Cheating spouse...Masterbating in public...Teeth falling out...And a few others I see...Wow, you have some deep and dark fears going on...Let me just highlight them, aaand, there we go...Now, this next little bit of code, I like to call it, "The Nightmare Inducer," and I think I'll plant it, riiight...here. Yes, that will do. The Nightmare Inducer will activate every
week night for you from now on...Thank you for letting me enter your mind so easily...Sweet dreams...
submitted by Waiting4MidMoon
to shortscarystories [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:57 tttjj I (22M) think my gf (24F) is cheating on me
I’ve recently been getting lots of cheating vids on my TikTok feed and couple of days ago my gf just cried out of no where…
I kept asking why and she explains it’s bc she felt fat. She has issues with her body image and is no where near fat, her culture back home (Asia) has crazy unrealistic beauty standards so I figured that’s why she’s upset. We are in the USA so I tell her how she’s really underweight if anything. Then she also said yesterday that she cried at work bc the work was starting to build up. I told her to tell the boss how she feels and tell them to F off basically.
I just can’t seem to figure out why she cried and asked me if u still loved her and keep getting cheating vids on TikTok. Am I just worrying about nothing? How should I find out for sure?
Td;lr our relationship has been almost 2 years and has been lots of ups and downs and recently it’s been realllyy good like weirdly good..
submitted by tttjj
to relationships [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 Rorobear93 Don’t do it. Stop, before it’s too late.
I’ve done quite a bit of it every weekend and couple more days for a couple years, i have a personality where it is easy for me to get addicted to things, I somehow got rid of it, and indulged in food instead, which made me gain weight, but then I bought a fitness band and got addicted to getting my fitness scores higher. My life fells much more happier, fuller and healthier! Oh also richer!
Even when I did do it, it barely affected my work, but i did end up spending a lot of money which I could’ve added to my investment; but I feel I was lucky to get out of it just by listening to voice from within, but if you don’t hear anything, I hope reading this helps at least one person out. It is hard, it is difficult, but the reward at the end will be better than the temporary high you get from blow. I hope you don’t spiral down a hole and end up broke, don’t throw it all away just for blow.
submitted by Rorobear93
to cocaine [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 raredontstare OOP - WIBTA if I abandoned my roommates who depend on me?
I am NOT OP. Original post by u/Nuahxos_1 in AmItheAsshole WIBTA if I abandoned my roommates, who depend on me for living?
- 20th May 2020
I’m a college students and so are my roommates. We’re all 18 yo guys and we study in the same university.
They aren’t assholes but they aren’t good in dealing with shit related to the house. They hardly clean. There are many times where they leave plates and kitchen utensils unwashed throughout the night. They sleep very late and wake up somewhere between 3:00pm - 6:00pm. They also fuck up the oven so many times whenever they cook. The entire oven is black due to how much liquids and dropped food from used pots being burned after many uses. I’ve cleaned and restored the oven several times but working on cleaning usually wastes 3 steel-wool(s), and it takes around 45 minutes of hard work of rubbing, and cleaning. Yesterday I just cleaned my own pot, which they used without their permission. It also wasted a steel-wool for me as they used it to cook rice and some of it got sticky. My pot is no longer shiny. It seems they forgot to let some air in when they were cooking and it got fizzed (idk the word) and it got the pot dirty. They also use my kettle and rely on it. They ask me to use many of my consumables (food, spices, etc), when they cook.
Edit: here is how fucked up the oven is. it’s “brand new” 4 months old.
If I left them, it’ll cause them a lot of changes. It will probably screw them up, not having someone clean after them. WIBTA if I abandon them? UPDATE
- 7th August 2020
Nobody asked for an update, but I think you guys would be interested for an update.
I moved to a new apartment, a bought one that is. I can now live in peace and comfort, at the cost of their friendship. It caused them a lot of damage, especially during this pandemic.
The rent of the apt we were living in was divided equally between each of us, until I left them; making them deal with the rent without me. It pissed them off but that wasn't the only reason they started to hate me.
The landlord came. She saw the stove and oh my oh my, how mad she got. Initially, my roommates were saying it's "everyone's fault". I defensively objected with them. I showed a solid proof to the landlord I was doing my part of cleaning. I did so by preparing from before by keeping track and saving history of what I was doing by sending photos of before and after cleaning the oven and sending them to my mother. It kept track of dates, hence it was a solid proof and I'm no longer to be blamed. My roommates however... the landlord scolded the fuck out of them while I was just there watching them silently. They couldn't throw some of the blame on me anymore; leaving them desperate. It escalated so badly, the landlord was going to kick them so I intervened. I convinced her to give them a 2nd chance. She agreed in the condition if they restored the stove back to life, they shall stay in the apartment.
It left a lot of hatred on my ro0mates for not being in their situation.
They are now stuck in the apartment. The country my roommates they came from doesn't have opened air ports; hence they are stuck in the apartment with higher rent. They are not in a situation to move.
I gotta say they already know I was planning to move a month ago.
Edit: thanks guys for the nice comments! Reminder - I am not the original poster.
submitted by raredontstare
to BestofRedditorUpdates [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 Apart-Scheme-2464 Is Phytic Acid the root problem for bread digestion issues?
I've been working on my knowledge of sourdough and checked out a book called Wild Bread by Mary Jane Butters.
On page 23 she talks about phytic acid and says that "bread made using wild yeasts enhances your immune system. Phytic acid (called the anti-nutrient) in grain needs to be neutralized in order for the nutrients present to be more readily absorbed by the human body. In naturally leavened bread phytic acid is neutralized because of the slow fermentation that takes place. But in commercial quick rise yeasted breads as much as 90% remains, depending on the grain and whether or not it's whole versus processed. Furthermore, the resulting phytates reduce the digestibility of starches, proteins, and fats. By contrast, in naturally leavened breads, complex carbohydrates are broken down into more digestible simple sugars and protein is broken down into absorbable amino acids so that your body has access to these vital life-giving nutrients. In addition, the lactic acid bacteria lowers the glycemic index of bread, making it better for people who are challenged by diabetes or watching their weights."
In looking into this further, I found this article which is very long and covers a lot of points. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4325021/
One thing it mentions is that phytic acid as an anti-nutrient can block the absorption of zinc, iron, and other micronutrients in creatures with a single digestive system, like humans and chickens. Cows have those multiple stomachs, you know.
And it started me wondering how many people who think they have a problem with wheat but haven't been tested for anything and are judging by their own health that they feel better without bread are actually having a problem with phytic acid and the hurry up commercial processing of food.
I've also been told that grains get sprayed in the silo to keep them from getting moldy and that these antifungals are also a contributing factor to why many people have digestive issues from breads and cereals.
submitted by Apart-Scheme-2464
to Celiac [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 clearliquidclearjar TALLAHASSEE WEEKLY EVENTS, 3/30 – 4/5
Events are listed by the day. Events that happen every week appear first, one time stuff after that. If you have anything you’d like people to know about, comment here or message me and I’ll add it in. If you’d like further info about any of the events, look it up! I usually don’t have any extra to add. Large Scale, Ongoing, and Multi-Day Events
Local Running, Walking, and Biking Info: https://troubleafoot.blogspot.com/ OutdooFarmer’s Markets:
- 55th Springtime Tallahassee Festival, 9am to 5pm Downtown. Come celebrate the 55th annual Springtime Tallahassee Festival with the Grand Parade & the Jubilee in the Park in Downtown Tallahassee. Being one of the largest parades in the southeast, the Springtime Tallahassee Grand Parade needs no introduction! Come see over 100 colorful units and floats, marching bands, dance groups, Springtime Krewe floats, and much more march down Monroe Street to celebrate the Springtime Tallahassee Festival! After the parade, make sure to head over to the Jubilee in the Park! With more than 200 arts, craft, boutique, and food vendors from around the country, this event is represented by some of the best! You can expect artists displaying original, handmade masterpieces, and find cuisine with international flavors to ignite anyone’s taste buds! Bring the kids and check out the children’s park with lot of fun activities, Gulf Special Marine Lab Touch-tank, face painting, puppet show and more. Be sure to stop by the Community Stage at McCarty Park to see our local performance groups and the Jubilee Music Stage on Adams St for a special musical lineup! Performance times Noon-5pm. We will be open Rain or Shine!
- Lake Ella Grower's Market: Wednesday, 11am-2pm. You can always find organic vendors, and foragers: The Holistic Cannabis Community, Artzi Farms, Hickory Nut Gifts, and others. Including Pita Queen! Farmer's Market Nutrition Program Coupons gladly accepted!
- Frenchtown Market: 524 N MLK Jr Blvd. Saturdays, 10am to 2pm. Come grow community and support your local farmers and makers, while you get your groceries for the week! Don’t forget! We match SNAP/EBT, so you DOUBLE your money to go towards locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables!
- Tallahassee Farmers Market: 2904 Kerry Forest Pkwy, Saturdays, 8am to Noon. Come see us at Tallahassee's longest-running farmers market! We are a year-round market, featuring local farms and vendors that provide the best seasonal produce, meats, baked goods, and more. We welcome you and your whole family (leashed pets included) to come out and meet your local farmers! Ample parking is available between our lot and the shopping center lot next door (by Red Elephant). Come early for the best selection.
- Tallahassee Downtown Market: Ponce de Leon Park, Saturdays, 10am-2pm. Join us for a stroll in the park among local makers, bakers, artists and farmers as live music is played by local musicians!
- Blue Tavern: Happy Hour Pickfoolery. Butch Burns & Brent Kittrell of the local legendary bluegrass band Bottom Dollar Boys always put the happy in happy hour - even when they're singing those sad cry-in-your-beer ballads. 5pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Bingo. 5pm
- Dreamland BBQ: Weekly Open Blues Jam. If you'd like to sing, please bring your own mic. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Solforge Fusion Sealed-Deck Tournament. Anyone interested in SolForge: Fusion, please come out! Thursday nights at 6:00pm to 9:00pm ish will be dedicated to SolForge Fusion gameplay and weekly tournaments. If you play or have played MTG but would like to spend less, this is a great alternative CCG with inexpensive entry and minimal purchases to enjoy playing competitively. In-store and online tournaments may be played with the same decks purchased at any store. SolForge was created by the same designer for MTG, Netrunner, and Key Forge, Richard Garfield, and the designer for Ascension, Justine Gary. 6pm/$35 Entry Fee for 4 Sealed Half-decks, Special Art Playmat Prize for 1st Place
- World of Beer: Trivia Night. 7pm
- Lake Tribe III: Trivia. 7pm
- Smitty's Taphouse: Trivia Lab Thursdays. Teams of 6 or fewer players can compete for $30 / $20 / $10 Prizes + The Golden MacGuffin prize table! New format! Interactive smartphone answering for your comfort and safety! 6 Fun Rounds - 42 Total Questions. 7:30pm
- House of Music: Prime Rib Thursday & Karaoke. 7:30pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: The Brute Man: MST3K Thursday. Join us Thursday as we climb aboard The Satellite of Love along with Joel, Tom Servo and CROOOOW as the Gang tackles the strange film noir horror oddity that is...The Brute Man! 8pm/free but donations encouraged
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Thursdays. There will be rotating music genres from local artists! 8pm/free/21+
- Poor Pauls: Trivia. 8/21+
- 926: Karaoke. 9pm
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Show. Join us for Experiment 002 and take a mind-bending trip into the sound of the future! Our electrifying music party will transport you to another dimension with cutting-edge beats and non-stop excitement. 9pm
- Bird’s: Karaoke with Nathan. 9pm
- Blue Tavern: Jen Clark and the Old Schoolers with Chris Seepersaud, Paddy League, and Jack Straub. 5pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Otha Allen Jr. 6pm
- Blu Halo: Upside Avenue. 6pm
- Blue Tavern: Music of the Spheres Last Thursday: The Rising Stars present the evolution of fife and drum music. 8pm
- Lake Tribe: Flannel Friday. Flannel Fridays will be featuring a wide range of fall themed 'Pop-up' activities such as food trucks, live music, campfires, s'mores roasting, new seasonal brews, and more! Come dawn your flannel and cozy up to the simpler things in life. Our beers taste like the outdoors feel, let our tasting room be your Friday cabin retreat. 4pm
- Gamescape: MTG Friday Night Magic. FORMAT: Standard Constructed. Swiss rounds as determined by the number of players with a maximum of 5 rounds. 7pm/$5
- Hobbit West: Friday Night Dart Tournament. Anyone can Enter! Sign ups at 7:30, Darts fly at 8:00/$10 entry fee
- Ouzts Too: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 8pm
- Club Downunder: CDU X Hip Hop Club Presents Freestyle Friday. Show off your freestyle rap or poetry skills at Freestyle Friday! Doors are at 7:30 with the show starting at 8:00 in Club Downunder! Send an email to [email protected] to sign up! 8pm
- Just One More: Karaoke with DJ Rah. 9pm-11pm/21+
- 926: The Hot Friday Night Party and Drag Show. 9pm/$5/18+
- Blue Tavern: Douce Ambiance Reboot. 5pm
- Kleman Plaza: MusicFest. Join us on Kleman Plaza the night before the Grand Parade for an exciting musical line-up featuring a country music star CHRIS LANE! Special guests include Walker Montgomery and Temecula Road! This is a FREE community event! Unwind at the BEER GARDEN as we ROCK the plaza for this free festival event! Beer, wine, Coca-Cola products and food will be available for purchase. Make sure to arrive early to enjoy the opening acts as this event will get packed quickly. 6pm
- Proof: The Aftermath Band. 6pm
- FSU Hillel: Swifty Shabbat. Join us for a Taylor Swift themed shabbat! Services start at 6pm, dinner starts at 7pm
- House of Music: Keal Franklin plus Late Night Karaoke. 6:30pm
- Island Wing Company: Free Wheelin. 7pm
- Southwood Golf Club: Deja Blu. 7pm
- Duke’s and Dottie’s: Lloyd Carter Band. 7pm
- The Wine House on Market Street: Midnight Caravan. 7pm
- Vino Beano: Persian Night & Belly Dancing. 7:30pm
- Fire Bettys: Mainstream Band. 8pm
- The Rose Room: GeneZone. 8pm
- The Bark: No Parts, Lighthearted, and Confession Kids. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Rod MacDonald. 8pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Ben Flournoy Trio. pm
- Brinkley Glen Park: Invasive Plant Removal. Join Master Gardener Volunteers at this weekly invasive plant removal event. This is a great way to learn to ID our invasive plant species and how to remove them. We recommend wearing long pants and sleeves, closed-toed shoes, gloves, a hat and mosquito spray. Bring gardening tools such as hand clippers, loppers, trowels, etc. if you have them. We are removing coral ardisia bushes and berries, nandina, tung trees, Tradescantia flumenensis, cat's claw vine, winged yam, Japanese climbing fern, skunkvine and more. Directions: The best way to get there is to take Meridian Rd to Waverly Rd, go to the next intersection and turn left onto Abbotsford Way, then turn left at the next road called Woodside Dr. At the stop sign turn left onto Lothian. Lothian ends in a cul-de-sac and there is a sign that says Brinkley Glen Park. 8:30am-11:30am
- The Rose Room: The Rose Revue. Performances by your favorite entertainers and special guests! Shows at 8pm, 10pm, & Midnight! A unique cast EACH show! 7pm
- Duke’s and Dottie’s: Line Dancing Plus Lessons. 7pm/21+
- Bird’s Oyster Shack: Laughterday Night Fever. This week: Five Year Anniversary Laughterday Night Fever! Join us every Saturday at Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack for a free comedy show! 8:30pm
- La Casa Bar: Karaoke With Nathan. 9pm-1pm
- LeRoy Collins Library Garage on Bronough (under the library): The Spring Title Wave Book Sale. Classics, vintage, and more! 9:30am-3pm
- Capital City Raceway: Rotten Egg Rumble. 10am
- Native Nurseries: oil Building and Compost. Learn everything there is to know about increasing soil fertility to grow healthy, nutrient dense fruits and vegetables. Sundiata Ameh-El of Compost Community will walk you through the basics of soil composition, microbiology and how to build your soils to make them perfect habitats for microorganisms that are responsible for healthy soil. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED via PHONE ORDER. There is a $5.00 fee; your payment holds your spot in the class. Please call (850) 386-8882 to pre-register. Class size is limited to 15 people. 10am
- Leon Sinks: First Saturday Hike. If it is the first Saturday of the month, it is time for a hike at Leon Sinks! We will meet at 10 am in the parking lot and hike the trail together to see the beautiful geological features of the area while walking on wooded hiking trails. Right off US 319 south of Tallahassee, the Leon Sinks Geological Area contains 5 miles of trails leading to a series of sinkholes big and small. The land in this area is underlain by a layer of limestone, eroded and dissolved by rainwater and groundwater to form caverns, holes, and tunnels. This type of terrain is called "karst" and results in many geological features such as wet sinkholes, depressions, natural bridges and a disappearing stream. The hikers can either hike the 3.6-mile Sinkhole Trail to view the numerous sinkholes and geological features, or the 2.8-mile Gum Swamp Trail around a cypress and gum swamp. We recommend wear hiking shoes and bring a water bottle, and consider bug spray or long pants/sleeves. 10am
- Leon High Tennis Courts: Regional Energy Whiz Expo. The Regional Energy Whiz Expo consists of two events, the Solar Sprint and the Solar Cook-Off, geared towards getting kids involved in utilizing solar energy in fun and innovative ways. The Solar Sprint, open to students in 4th through 8th grade, consists of teams designing and building solar powered race cars. The Solar Cook-Off, for students in 4th through 12th grade, is a two-part competition encompassing the design of a fully solar powered cooker as well as a dish cooked using this same cooker. The winning team from each event will have the opportunity to compete in the state-wide Energy Whiz Expo! Noon
- The Puff: Marauders Market. Come join us at our newest smallest venue! Vintage resellers, local artisans, & good tunes! (Rescheduled from last week.) Noon
- Potbellys: 1st Annual Rock the SPEAR Benefit Concert with Tobacco Rd Band and former American Idol contestant Paisley Howell. 3pm/$20
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: The Jerry Thigpen Trio. 3pm
- Theater of Tallahassee: Cabaret Showcase. Join us for a special event at Theatre Tallahassee! We are delighted to bring you a Broadway cabaret of singing, dancing and acting featuring our award winning dance and theatre groups, along with some of our most advanced students, inspirational adult acts, and amazing solo performances. Every person regardless of age needs a ticket. Tickets will not be sold at the door. Ticket sales end two hours before each show. 3pm
- Proof: Corey Hall Band. 5pm
- The Rose Room: Topsy Turvy Through The Looking Glass. Each Performance inspired by Lewis Carroll's Through The Looking Glass! Performances by your favorite entertainers and special guests! Shows at 8pm, 10pm, & Midnight! A unique cast EACH show! COSTUMES ENCOURAGED! 6pm
- Common Ground Books: Crochet Workshop with Peter's Crochet Array. Beginner and intermediate crocheters welcome. No crochet knowledge is needed before attending this class. Space is limited. All ages welcome. All participants will need a crochet hook (between size 4-6mm) and a skein of yarn. Participants can bring their own supplies, or we will be happy to provide them at cost. 6pm/$20 with optional $8 supply fee
- Oyster City Brewing: Mechanical Lincoln. 7pm
- Square Mug: Dylan Daley, Killer Choice, Zero Shock, and Broken Couch Club. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Harmonious Wail. 8pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: MEMELESQUE. Ermahgerd Shaken Not Stirred is back at your fav local theater Cap City Video Lounge!!! You thought it was a show announcement but it was me, Dio! Our entire lives are the internet now so we made a show about it. TXT all your besties & bring them out for for MEME-LESQUE. We will meme till you scream. Masks required. Don't forget to tip your performers! 8pm/18+/$10
- American Legion Hall: Latin Soul Orchestra 12th Anniversary Celebration. 8pm/$20
- Fire Bettys: Pop Punk & Emo Night. 10pm
- Bicycle House: Sunday Ride. Ride at 10:30 AM from Bicycle House. We will ride the Cascades trail to the St Marks trail and down to Wakulla station and return, about 31 miles. Ride speed is 12 to 14 mph, with periodic regroups. Vernon Bailey is the ride leader. Vernon is a new CCC member who’s been biking for 50 years enjoys riding with small groups and weekend touring. 10am
- Gamescape: Pokémon League. Come learn, play, and trade with the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games! We LOVE seeing new players, so come learn how to play! We play both the Trading Card Game and the Video Game casually and competitively. The store offers lots of different seating arrangements to meet our group's needs, as well as food, drinks, and Pokémon products for purchase. We are also hold regular, officially sanctioned tournaments for Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Competitions! 2-4pm
- House of Music: Songwriter Sunday. Songwriters of Tallahassee hosted by Rachel Hillman. Bring your original songs on Sunday - sign up is at 4:30. No Cover Songs please - this is an event celebrating original music. Accompanists and Bands Welcome - you must be able to set up within two minutes, so no crazy pedals or amp shenanigans. No Backing Tracks - Please find someone to play your song with you. 5pm
- The Plant: Open Jam. All instruments, all players welcome. 5pm-9pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Comedy Night. Come have some laughs with us on Sunday nights! If you are interested in participating in the show, reach out to [email protected] 7:30pm
- The Rose Room: Synful Sunday. 8pm
- Common Ground Books: Clothing Swap. Bring your clothes you no longer want, fit, or no longer feel like "you", and switch them out or just donate them to others. Clothing for all ages welcome. Please bring clothes in a bin or box so they can be easily browsed. Any clothing left will be considered a donation and held for the next swap or be made available for those in need. 2pm
- The Bark: Copyright Claim, Animal Nineteen, Funeral Homes, and Heaven Slept. 7pm
- 926: Curly Q “First Glance” EP release show with Learning To Swim, Our Final Feud, and Seppe. 7pm
- Retrofit Records: Alexalone with Deadharrie. 7pm/free
- House of Music: Bywater Call. 7pm
- Just One More: Bingo. 5pm-6:30pm
- American Legion Hall: Cha Cha - Weekly Lessons. 6:15pm/$5
- Hangar 38: Bingo. 6:45pm
- Vino Beano: Tipsy Trivia. 7pm
- The Rose Room: Karaoke Night. 8pm
- Oyster City Brewing: The Bachelor Watch Party! 8pm
- World of Beer: SINGO Music Bingo SPECIAL EVENT. With SINGO, our host will play 150 of the best hits in the music business, all 30-second music clips, and you'll have multiple opportunities to win house cash courtesy of WoB! You don't have to sing, but you'll definitely sing along! 6:30pm
- Blue Tavern: Happy Hour with Paddy League. 5pm
- World of Beer: Poker Night. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Drag Bingo and Open Stage Night ft. Britney T. Foxx! 6pm
- Crafty Crab: BOOMIN' Karaoke. 7pm
- Ology Midtown: Jazz Jam Sessions. 7pm
- Island Wings: Trivia. 7pm
- House of Music: Tuesday Trivia & Karaoke. 7pm
- Burrito Boarder: Karaoke with DJ Roldus. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Tuesday is Blues Day. Every Tuesday is Blues Day @ the Blue Tavern and Blues Meets Girl is a Tallahassee favorite. This perfect, intimate venue provides just what you need for both a mid-week break and authentic blues music experience. 8pm
- 4th Quarter: Professor Jim's Tuesday Night Trivia. Popular for a reason! 8pm
- Argonaut Coffee: Trivia Tuesday. 8pm
- 926: Tacos and Trivia. 9pm
- Fire Betty’s: Comedy Show. 9pm/21+
- Blue Tavern: Abe Partridge with Cat Ridgeway. 5pm
- Richard G. Fallon Theatre: TEDxFSU Rooted in Reality Conference. Hosted by a student-run organization at Florida State University, our event is called TEDxFSU, where x = an independently organized TED event. They will have speakers, performers, activities, and more! Check out tedx.fsu.edu to learn more about them and the event! 5:30pm
- Civic Center: The Kid LAROI with Jeremy Zucker. 8pm
- Rose Room: Women's Wednesday. Featuring Our Rose Roulettes and drink specials all night long. A night for all of our female-identifying friends to enjoy a safe space and an awesome happy hour! 5pm-2am
- Birds: The Wednesday Night Lab Session hosted by Jim Crozier. 6pm
- Tara Angel’s Magic: D&D Experience - Adult (18+) Group. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition - Candlekeep Mysteries. A one-shot is a D&D event that starts and finishes in the same session, typically lasting 3 - 4 hours. We have pre-generated characters for players to choose from. WHAT TO BRING: Pencils, Dice (can be purchased in store), Mask (encouraged for unvaccinated participants), Enthusiasm! Please sign up in advance to reserve a spot in this campaign. Tickets can be purchased in-store, over the phone, or on the website. For more information, please email [email protected], or call: (850) 878-4555 6pm-9pm
- Goodwood: Wonderful Wednesday. 6pm/$5
- Level 8 Rooftop Lounge: Trivia. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Open Game Night. 6pm/free
- American Legion Hall: Sue Boyd Country Western and More Dance Class. Session 2 - Beginner 6:30 to 7:45 pm What: East Coast Swing and Waltz. Cost: $8.00 per person. Wear comfortable shoes you can turn in. 7:45 to 8:15 - Practice dance with paid admission. 8:15 to 9:30: Intermediate - 2 Step and WCS. $8.00 per person or $13.00 for both classes. Vaccines are required. Face masks are optional. Changing partners is optional. 6:30pm
- Perry Lynn’s Smokehouse in Quincy: Wed Night Open Mic w/ Steven Ritter and Friends. 6:30pm
- Hangar 38: Trivia. 6:45pm
- Oyster City Brewing Tallahassee: Trivia. Teams up to 6 players for three rounds with 10 questions and a tie breaker each round. Winners are by round so don’t worry if you need to come late or can’t stay the whole time! Prizes include a round of beer, a 6 pack and a gift card! 7pm
- Proof: Trivia. 7pm
- Vino Beano: Wine Bingo. 7pm
- Fermentation Lounge: Trivia. 7pm
- The Bark: Oceans in the Sky, Dizzy Bats, and Medians. 7pm
- House of Music: Open Mic at House of Music. Join us Wednesday nights for open mic in the bar with host Mike Ingram of The Brown Goose. Come early for Happy Hour and dinner! 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Warehouse Wednesdays Open Mic Night. The open mic night that has run continuously for almost 20 years, once housed at the Warehouse, lives on at the Blue Tavern. Doc Russell continues as the host with the most. Sign up starts at 8pm/free to attend
- Fire Betty’s: Karaoke! 8pm/21+/free
- Dukes and Dotties: College Night and Line Dancing Lessons. 8pm
- The Bark: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 9pm
- 926: Dragged Out Wednesday. 10pm
- Wfsu Public Media, 1600 Red Barber Plaza: The Village Square Presents Tallahassee Town Hall. Our annual town hall hosts commissioners from the City of Tallahassee and Leon County to have a constructive (and neighborly) discussion about where we are, where we’re going and what the challenges out there on the horizon might be. 6pm
submitted by clearliquidclearjar
to Tallahassee [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 FarmWhich4275 When Humans Human
(one of my earliest attempts at writing. decided to just finish and post it. apologies.)
Entry Log One: Khrakhan Eld, Jukhanian Ambassador to the Human Alliance. Stardate - Human Year 2086.
It has been over three centuries since I accepted this commission to work with the Human Alliance, and even though I have known them for that long, they still surprise me to a shocking extent. A highly diverse species with so many different cultures congealed into one staggering mass of a hundred billion strong, settled alongside all the galaxy's different species.
Humanity was, and still remains, the driving force behind the rapidly growing Federations power and might. The strange, gaunt, high gravity race of bipedal apes took the galaxy by complete surprise, not only due to their appearance, but also due to their surprising strength.
In barely forty years of their time here, they have integrated seamlessly with species previously thought inhospitable. Planets thought harsh or unuseable, supported massive colonies of millions of humans, and the richness the industries these worlds provide. Humans, as it later turned out, had an affinity for members of other species, and by staggering luck they had a one-in-a-billion reproductive system that was robust enough that they could actually interbreed with most mammalian species in the galaxy, and one or two of the reptillians as well.
Humanity's capabilities in terms of engineering surpassed ours in a matter of decades, and due to the terms of the Federation, they shared it with us. This is primarily due to the tribal nature of the race, and they are well known for their petty squabbles and minor disputes, that result in skirmishes or outright wars, but would never come to full scale attacks. Maybe a warning shot or two, a small exchange of fire to disable shield arrays, but never more than that.
When questioned about these incidents, Human ambassadors and leaders would simply say something on the lines of:
"Meh. Local tensions. Pirates. Idiots. God botherers or Idealists that randomly decide to slug it out one day. Just ignore them, they run out of steam eventually and bugger off back to where they came from."
We really cared not. Owing to how the humans never turned their guns on us, we were fine with it, so long as they never got us involved. Everything about the humans confused and amazed us. They had, during First Contact Exchanges, given us reels upon reels of their historical archives. And what we had now was essentially a marginally watered down version of what humanity once was.
Hardened like a battleship hull.
Entry Log Two: Human Expansion
Owing to their ability to breed with a majority of the species in the galaxy, Human society, cultures and customs became part and parcel of the Federations species, almost to the point where we started getting cults forming in small pockets on the outer rims worshipping this aspect. Humanity, surprisingly enough, even though they technically were the deity being worshipped by these cults, were the first ones to clamp down on them, disbanding or outright attacking them.
Humans retained a lot of their individual national cultures long after their arrival into space. Many of their soldiers still carried blades, swords, knives and other such primitive weapons, weapons that most members of the galactic species considered worthless, or obsolete. But humans wielded these weapons to devastating effect, as witnessed in a few incidents and military conflicts seen during their short time in the Federation.
Technological advancement in terms of military and civilian development outstretched the rest of the galaxy by - to quote an expression - "a Country Mile." Human creativity and the natural drive for both an Omnivorous species' capacity for greed, and the species natural curiosity drove them to accomplish tasks and tech we never would have imagined. Humans and their concept of "Percussive Maintenance", or smack it 'til it worked was also something that took us by surprise. Especially considering that most of the time it actually worked.
For a few decades, a long time in human years apparently, we simply took it at face value, and never questioned it. As the expression goes: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."
Entry Log Three: Capacity for Evil
They were not complete angels and paragons of course, Many a time, more than other races especially during the early years, they were extremely aggressive in their colonization efforts, going to active war with many nations over territorial disputes, corporate conflicts or other such disputes. Either they would win by a bare margin, or they would be routed and sent off in pieces.
One such occasion was the Tabrisko Incident, where, from what I could discern, was a human Corporation, a private entity separate from the Alliance and the Federation, known as Cybratech Industries, had laid claim to a particular star system. A star system, already settled by its current inhabitants the Hasaki Triumvirate. It was here that humanity showed its capacity for callous greed, and why so much emphasis is placed in society on the rejection of Corporate ideals. It also showed us a modicum mof respectability. When someone was being a dick... they had no trouble fucking them.
The Corporation, or simply 'Corpos' gathered a fleet of about forty ships, two of them cruisers and one Ark ship. They proceeded, without orders to bypass most security legislation, bribing their way across the galaxy and arrived in the system of Tabrisko. Two terrestrial planets, one Oceanic planet in the habitable zone, one Gas giant, two Ice planets and one newborn Molten planet. An unremarkable system by all accounts, there were thousands just like it throughout the galaxy.
The Corpos warped in and sent out a mass broadcast. "This is a public declaration. On behalf of the CybraTech Corporation, your occupation of this star system is now null and void. You will evacuate from the area immediately. You have a standard week to respond."
The sheer bastarding balls of them. A human representative was contacted and informed of the situation.
The human Ambassador, a gaunt, tall white haired gent by the name of Harley Alride, had a sneaky, unmistakable grin on his face as he spoke to the ambassador from the Hasaki Triumvirate. "So... what exactly is the issue here?"
The Hasaki Ambassador, Sings-On-Shores, was by no means amused. The lizard like reptilians blue scales flared in anger as he spoke back. "For the third time, we have a human fleet calling itself the Cybratech Corporation demanding that we surrender one of our colony worlds! I demand an explanation!"
Harley simply let out a chuckle, as if he was suppressing the desire to laugh. "Oh? Corpo rats huh? Well they are a private entity. There's nothing we can do to stop you, or them."
Sings-On-Shores was somewhat confused, but more upset and angry. "What? WHAT!?"
Harley simply said, that typical sly, 'I am up to something sneaky' grin on his face that we had become so accustomed to seeing. "What I am saying Ambassador is... That whatever you decide to do with them is entirely your decision."
Sings-On-Shores was astonished. This situation was a full invasion by galactic standards, it was the equivalent of a declaration of war. "But... They are your people! You speak for them!"
Harley's smile disappeared and his demeanor changed to one of seriousness. "Mister Ambassador with all due respect, need I remind you of Federation Colonization legislation number Seven Five Eight, Paragraph three? I quote: 'The first claimant to any star system that has the capacity to maintain any industry on that planet, has full and absolute control of its industry and inevitably, it's defense, is the sole and exclusive claimant to that star system.'" Harley said, and looked at his counterpart.
"Of course I remember the damn legislation! I helped sign that into law a hundred years ago! What the hell are you talking about!?" Sings-On-Shores demanded, his scales flustering between breaths.
"What I am saying, Sir, is that Private entities known as Corporations and other private entities can form OUTSIDE of the Alliances jurisdiction. They can get rich, get an ego the size of a cargo freighter and then suddenly decide 'I am god now, I can do what I want.' and go on a rampage. We allow it, for reasons that should be obvious. We do however... DISAVOW." Harleys last word in that statement took the Hasaki Ambassador by surprise.
"Disavow... wh-?" The entire concept for the Hasaki of private corporations operating outside of jurisdiction was as much a foreign concept to him as could be imagined.
"We allow these entities to buy their own fleets, set up shop and do what they do. they return to the Alliance eventually one way or another, Its just business. But sometimes... the rich and wealthy develop a god complex. And it is up to the normal people in the galaxy to remind them of what they really are. Lest they do stupid things." Harley responded. He looked into the monitor, and visibly closed one of his eyes in a cheeky manner, with his smile returned.
Sings-On-Shores went silent for a moment. As if processing the information. "Understood, Ambassador."
"One more thing..." Harley said. His demeanor shifted again, to a dead serious and absolute severity. "Do not fire on that Ark ship. Those people signed up for a new life, not an execution. There are children on board. We will see to it they get passage to a new colony world one way or another. But the corpo fleet? Heh... Enjoy the salvage."
Sings-On-Shores acknowledged with his own sinister grin, and closed the call.
A few hours later, a very heavily armed war fleet of the Triumvirate warped into the star system. Outnumbering and heavily outgunning the Corpo fleet. As expected, sensing danger the Ark ship immediately performed an FTL emergency jump, and vanished to the borders of the system where, a Human Alliance fleet was casually waiting for them. The corporate fleet was nothing short of obliterated by plasma cannons and heavy weapons fire from a Triumvirate dreadnought and its escorts. Nothing left but salvage and slag floating hopeless in the expanse where a salvage crew from the colony appeared and went to town.
Three thousand people were killed in that fight. Two Triumvirate ships were lost, totaling 600 losses, battleships no less. The rest were human losses. Corvettes, pickets, escort ships and mostly small low quality frigates crewed by 'Corporate drones' and contracted slave workers. As Harley said, 'nothing worth keeping.'
The human ambassadors and agents explained that rich corporations or other such entities would go mad with power, gather followers or create clone armies - highly illegal clone armies - and attempt to claim what they wanted. Human Alliance officers always knew what was going on, and made sure that one way or another, in a fair and balanced manner, they would always lose.
"In a fair and balanced manner." That sentence is almost always expressed with a certain sadistic glee.
Entry Four: Unbelievable Charity
This event is in stark contrast to the New Haven Incident that took place some twelve years later. Humanity was now at the forefront of Galactic politics and economics. New Haven was in fact a Bakari settlement and I had been called in to help them reinforce their trade position with the local area and help them along. I was in the orbital station garrisoning the colony when I heard the call to action.
The communications arrays suddenly exploded with SOS signals, emergency alerts and warnings of every kind as a staggering earthquake hit one of the continents. Seismologists put the quake on a massive eleven point four on the scale, enough to tilt the planets axis three degrees, open two new fault lines, slow the planets rotation speed by almost a full second and cause seven subsequent volcanic detonations across the tectonic plate.
Twenty nine cities were impacted and a hundred and fifty million lives were at stake. Before I could do anything however. A message interrupted all communications directed at the local garrison.
"Distress Signal Received. This is Alliance Fleet Sons Of The Dawn responding. Admiral Beckett Gray reporting. Request permission to enter Federation airspace."
I was on the bridge with the station captain helping him organize a response at this time, and without thinking, I immediately jumped on the communicator in a response. "This is federation Ambassador Khrakhan Eld responding, permission granted."
The station captain was somewhat annoyed with me. It was not exactly polite to supplant his authority. I was only an ambassador, so he scolded me for it. "How dare you do that! This is my station! You dare break with protocol like that!"
"Captain Sundaris please, this is an emergency situation." I responded, trying to stay calm.
Before however we could argue this point, a hundred dropships, cargo ships and two planetary cruisers blasted past the station making us jump in surprise as they whizzed past us. Moments later the massive hull of one of the Alliances two kilometer long Planetary Assault Carriers rumbled past the station, its sheer size and speed causing the windows and plating on the stations hull to rattle. Very few people outside the Alliance had seen one of these magnificent beasts, and as it slipped past us we got a glimpse as to exactly why.
A strange ship with a triangular or diamond shaped hull, hangar bays on the sides, heavy armor plating with dozens of shield generators dotted the meters thick armor plating. Weapons seen only on dreadnoughts or battleships lined its side hull under the bridge section and more small craft were being hastily ejected from its side mounted hangars. Its most terrifying component was what was mounted at the front - a Spinal mounted ion cannon. I could very clearly see a tell-tale sign of an emitter array barely sticking out the front end.
It entered the planets atmosphere flawlessly and we watched in awe as a full army of humans flooded out of the ships hull as it touched ground causing a puff of dust. Two more of these PAC class ships followed, then three more after that, and one more lagging behind with various cargo ships and drop transports seemingly welded to its outer hull followed, all within moments of each other. Two more smaller craft, known as Trade Frigates or Droid Frigates, ships whose superstructure is primarily consistent of communications arrays and antennae, appeared and entered the stations orbital patterns and began transmitting commands and orders, organizing the planets scattered and broken emergency signals.
The captain and I looked at each other, mouths agape at the sight we just witnessed. Not just one of them, but SEVEN? How many of them did humanity have!?
"One hundred and thirty four. And still counting." I heard a voice behind me say.
"Wh- Pardon?" I asked, now looking at a human Marine standing in the control room.
"That's how many of those ships we have. One hundred and thirty four by last count, with drydocks and shipyards in Alliance space working to produce another six hundred within the next ten years. As per our trade agreements, one hundred of those ships will be handed over to our allies and trade partners." He said with a smile, handing me a data pad.
He must have heard the voice in my head somehow, or he just simply knew what the question was, probably having been asked it a thousand times. "Erm... Uh... Th-Thank you uh..." I cleared my throat and straightened my shoulders, attempting to compose myself. "Carry on soldier. We will coordinate with your teams on the ground and translate what we can. Not everyone on the planet understands the Galactic standard language yet, so we will do our best. Patch us in to your commslink and we will assist where we can."
"Sir yes, Sir!" The human saluted, then immediately charged back out of the station. Moments later, a new group of humans appeared and without orders, began to redirect communications and show us bodycam footage from the ground.
What followed was the single largest and most grueling disaster relief campaign in seventy years. Twenty thousand ships. Two hundred million tons of medical supplies. Six hundred million tons of food and water. Two million humans working to save the lives of a hundred million people. Three and a half months of work.
After all was said and done, as many lives saved as possible, Human constructor fleets appeared with another surprise. They called them Manufactoriums, city sized ships with no armament or defense equipment, but cargo containers, construction drones and building hardware. Twenty two of them. It wasn't a ship in the traditional sense... to be honest it looked more like a children's block building set with giant engines. Big, fat, squared boxes with various patterns of armor plating mounted on a set of giant starship thrusters.
They landed on the planets surface and began to, for lack of a better term, unpack themselves. They landed, then a system of... i guess robots, started to unpack the blocky monster. Within hours, the ships had disappeared and turned into organized and perfected geometric patterns. They essentially made a prepackaged city and flew it out to act as a replacement for the city that was destroyed. Millions homeless, now almost instantly rehoused.
All the humans asked for in return was that we honor trade agreements and maintain the Alliance.
And so here we stand, many decades into the greatest and hopefully longest lasting friendship in history as Humanity rapidly carves itself into our hearts and our minds, with their increasingly erratic and interesting behavior. They are the only species in galactic history - that we are aware of anyway - to not immediately attempt to forge a galactic hegemony or engage in a genocide without due cause.
They are also one of extremely few species that everybody likes. Most like their presence or enjoy their company. Some simply ignore them. The few that don't like them are quick to change their minds when rescuers or negotiators arrive when a problem shows up.
Humans are here to stay. Hopefully for a damn long time.
Final Log: Khrakhan Eld, Jukhanian Ambassador to the Human Alliance. Stardate - Human Year 2386.
submitted by FarmWhich4275
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 Zeitzbach Theory - Why I think Chapter 4 will be about Don.
So before the recent leak, I was a subscriber to the "Introduction Order
" theory that based on the introduction in chapter 0, we can tell who's going to be a part of the next chapter. This also lines up somewhat with the lyric of Lament which describes our journey from sinner to sinner and chapters to chapters but they're vague enough you cannot really tell which verse belong to who until you play through them.
However, thanks to the recent leak and how Pmoon say they have no plan to do a Don extraction on the April 6th does make everything a lot more sussy. It might be because of the Don E.G.O so they can do a W Corp on top but it puts Don back on the radar for me to reconsider the theory of the Introduction Order. Spoiler for some of the books, Leviathan and Library of Ruina btw.
Going with the lyric theory, we're currently at this portion. Why'd you make my voice stutter? Why do truths never matter? Why'd you curse me with "you're a natural born genius"?
The Natural born genius make it sound like it has to be Yi sang but the first 2 sound really weird and doesn't really fit with his poem. Instead, the whole thing, just like Rodion part in the song, is more of a conversation between 2 individuals. The quips lines up with Don Quixote and Sancho. Sancho, in the book, always tell Don what he's seeing only for Don to make up BS excuses to why that's actually something magical or how the inn is a castle. The natural born genius might actually line up with how Sancho was promised to be made a duke only, when given a chance as a joke, ends up being really good at governorship. Just like Rodion and Sonya, it won't be surprising if the role has been reversed as well for Don Quixote and Sancho, like how Sonya went from a poor prostitute to a revolutionary leader that book Rodion failed to become, Sancho might no longer be an easily fooled farmer and is actually a rich nest kid.
But the biggest factor to consider is really the Chapter 4 art card. https://i.imgur.com/hfwAnDx.png
The chapter name tells you who it's about. Outcast
is Gregor and how he's treated by his family in the book or in this case, as a deserter. Unloving
is Rodion and how she acts on impulse and that the focus of Crime and Punishment is about the road to redemption through love. Unconfronting
is Sinclair and Kromer and how Sinclair had to be saved by Demain because Sinclair can't muster the courage to face Kromer.
Each of the card also has a scene from the climax of the chapter and the memory of each sinners. Chapter 4 card art however, is an office in Kcorp. Based on the room and how there's a visible fireplace, it looks like a study.
Yisang and Gubo are linked and as we know, Gubo works for Ncorp so Yisang, being a former scientist that works on the gacha system, is likely from N corp as well before he ran which lead to Gubo appearing in Leviathan to chase a runaway who stole the technology of them trying to recreate what Yisang made. This really makes you ask "Why is Kcorp the setting then
Meanwhile, who can be considered Unchanging
to the point of being delusional,
line up with the lyric and also has a rather important moment in the book that takes place in the study? Don Quixote. In the book, when Don returned home after being crowned a knight at an inn to rest and pack up again, his family and friends actually decided to seal up his most prized room, his study, after burning a bunch of his books. Like how Kromer is turned from a minor antagonist into some major, this event can also be written into some major as well because it is the point where Don become even crazier and go on a journey to "Fight his nemesis wizard", dragging Sancho with him.
Also based on the location, we can assume this will take place in either district 11 (Kcorp) or if we move to a new area, District 12. Remember what major event took place near these areas in the past? The 8 o'clock Circus
The 8 o'clock circus was doing their things at District 12 before retreating to District 10 and in order to get there, they likely have to pass through District 11 so these 3 Districts are the "Circus zone" and we're currently right on them. There's a specific person whose EGO and background is a carnival, Don Quixote. This lines up perfectly with how each base E.G.O art of the identity outright show their major events in their lives that will be revealed in that chapter. Gregor has the smoke war, Rodion has the massacre of her town over what she did and Sinclair has his family.
What do you think? Will it be Yisang? Maybe but I'm really leaning toward Don Quixote now. It's the perfect time for something to happen that result in the the K-corp study being locked away that lead to Don and Sancho going to the circus while they are still in the area.
submitted by Zeitzbach
to limbuscompany [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:56 Shojina369 Help For CPTSD survivors - PDTR therapy paired with Psychotherapy
Hello and thanks for reading my comment here :)
I just wanted to share this approach as it's been very effective to me.
As a survivor of CPTSD via childhood and adult experiences I have discovered a very helpful combination of healing modalities that I want to share for those of you and/or the people you love who are actively committed to seeking healing from your condition with CPTSD.
I currently have several neurodevelopment disorders (heart condition associated cause / and have lost the normal use of my left leg) in addition to many of the other CPTSD
Description/Causes/Affects associated with my personal experiences. I did not think I would ever be able to walk again or function normally ... and after one year of committing to the below practices, I have turned a huge corner in my healing and need to share these with those who just want to get their life back.
I have paired Psychotherapy and PDTR
(Proprioceptive Deep Tendon Reflex) therapy (every two weeks in my situation) over the last year and can tell you that healing and relief is making its way.
What is PDTR? Its a fairly recent modality... presented as massage therapy but doesn't quite feel like massage... Here is a few links to PDTR
:PDTR treatment example Treatments before and after PDTR example of treatment The PDTR was helpful in finding stored trauma in my from various events dating back to earliest memories that were causing my nervous system to shut down
... creating almost full loss of normal use of my body. The treatments are always with clothes on and generally really simple work with reflexes and meridian work that are most effective every few weeks over a period of time. Think of it as someone peeling back the layers of an onion to get to the route of the problem. My CPTSD has been a strong case considering I am a normal person with a super common past. My body was starting to shut down and become disabled because it couldn't handle any more stress of any kind. The nice thing about this therapy is you cannot reverse the work done, you just keep going and healing moves forward. The hard thing is finding practitioners with this designation. It's a fairly new practice and there is not a lot of material on the internet discussed.
Along with working with my psychotherapist, I have completely restructured my environment and habits to give myself rest (this is hard for most of us!)... I also had to let go of certain family members, friends, habits/coping mechanisms (alcohol, cannabis and any practice associated with avoidance of dealing with the issues I'm facing). Letting go of people was one of the hardest and most painful parts of the healing journey, however, the peace and shift in getting back to baseline of wellness was worth it. At one point I felt so alone working through this journey but once I realized I wasn't alone, and that certain people/environments/habits/cultures were stalling my healing and growth... I knew something needed closer attention and I was on to something.I knew I had to trust in the process.
This is why having a psychotherapist is very helpful because they can help you gently restructure your surroundings in a way that supports a healthy transition. I had to recognize my family was the source of many patterns in play and my attachment to them was inhibiting my healing. I recognized some of my best friends were repeat patterns of family members and the trauma bonding was holding me back from getting some traction on my healing journey. When I lost the ability to walk/work with every doctophysio/specialist unable to help - I knew I was in trouble. And I knew I had to do the work and it started with my brain and attitude towards finding solutions.The other thing that helped me a lot was when I stopped using cannabis, my dreams started to get very active. I started to work with my psychotherapist to analyze my dreams finding very interesting answers to my personal situation. I used this Dream Dictionary
a bit to help me navigate my subconsciousness, but also, it was just a guide as dreams are basically our subconsciousness trying to show us information in ways only our brain has imaging unique to us.
I hope some of you take the time to check out the links and see if you can find a PDTR therapist near you. I am in BC, Canada and there is a very limited number of practitioners because its a fairly expensive designation to get on top of regular manual therapy. People suffering from complex injuries/head injuries and other long term physical injuries can find fast and effected relief from PDTR. It's definitely a strange kind of kinetic treatment that doesn't seem like much when you first start, but give it at least 3 sessions before you make any assumptions as to its effect on your condition. Keep in mind in my case I was a professionally sponsored athlete skiebiker most of my life and then one day mysteriously stopped walking (I'm in my early 40's). This therapy has helped me get my life back. I'm still recovering and am not quite 80-100% but just in one year I have made huge leaps in getting my life back. This is the way. You're Welcome.
PS, I won't be checking comments - just wanted to share this.
Best of luck to everyone reading this and I hope you find the path that works best for you. Stay positive, keep going... things will get better.
submitted by Shojina369
to CPTSD [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:55 FlakZak galaxy buds2 pro works with older phones?
I have a Samsung A50, and there is currently a very solid sale of galaxy buds2 pro and Linkbuds S near me. I was about to buy the buds 2 pro but i read that they need One UI 4 or higher. My phone has One UI 3.1. So if they at least work at a decent level i would still go for the buds 2 pro, but if they dont work or are severely limited i might just go for the linkbuds s
submitted by FlakZak
to Earbuds [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:55 fennixx [REQ] (£100) - (#Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK) (Repay £125 split from 06/04/23) (PayPal, Revolut, CashApp)
Hello! Just moved to a new flat which has resulted in me being the poorest I have been in a long time! Just need £100 to see me through for food and some essentials. I will repay split in half from 6th April 23, with the second payment occuring 1 week after, if not sooner. Much appreciate anyone who can help me. Thank you!
submitted by fennixx
to borrow [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:54 Dillmen101 Is it me or is TF2 all a near high right now in terms of community content? and popularity?
What I mean by this is that the community has been doing so much stuff recently like getting the Tf2 voice actors to do stuff, Tf2 memes and videos are everywhere, we’ve been getting lots of videos and attention despite the lack of updates, and recent Tf2 player charts have been pretty good
submitted by Dillmen101
to tf2 [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:54 FlorianTolk Customizing a spot welder
2023.03.30 18:54 mermaiddayjob tips for giving up gluten?
I'm not sure if my gluten sensitivity is connected to my PCOS or not, but I definitely have it :( I have talked to my doctor and was tested, I don't have celiac, but had markers for allergies, and I have pretty consistent digestion issues from eating gluten. It also seems to make my PCOS symptoms worse, which is maybe just related to the inflammation it's causing me? I know a lot of PCOS girlies go low carb or give up gluten so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice? I am having such a hard time eliminating my fav foods and sticking with it even though I feel so much better without it.
submitted by mermaiddayjob
to PCOSloseit [link] [comments]
2023.03.30 18:54 LostCandyBar Bell pepper “margarita”
Many many moons ago, probably around a decade ago, I attended a mezcal event in San Antonio.
The event showed off agave spirits from all across Mexico, and the restaurant (The Monterey for any locals) was divided into different regions to showcase the differences in food and the spirits.
There’s were two beverages I had, both from the same person, that have been in my head for years. If memory serves me right she won the SACC that year.
One was a bell pepper tequila cocktail, probably akin to a margarita.
We chatted and I picked her brain, but she didn’t want to give me any real information on how to make the cocktail for myself.
Can anyone point me in a general direction to start recreating this?
❤️❤️❤️ please help ❤️❤️❤️
submitted by LostCandyBar
to cocktails [link] [comments]